Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hair Loss

I'm about 8 weeks into the CTX therapy and my hair loss is becoming significant. Has anyone lost all their hair on CTX? Just curious as to what I have to look forward to. I realized everyone is different but I am a curious person.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cindy,

I didn't have any significant hair loss while on ctx. Once I went onto mtx, my wegs doc also prescribed 1 mg/day of folic acid because hair loss is a side effect of mtx. Might want to run this by your doc.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cindy,
    I had hair loss with MTX so I started to take: folic acid, avazinc, multivitamin "strong hair". I also bought 2 kinds of special shampoo. it helpes. now that I am taking less MTX the hair loss stopped.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about RTX Cindy?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was taking folic acid, but my neurologist said my labs showed high level of folic acid which can mask low B2 levels. Low B12 levels can cause neuropathy. So today I decided to start taking the folic acid again and get a B12 supplement. Hopefully they will all sort themselves out in the old body.

Wow Alysia all that. Glad it helped.

Phil I'm going to check with the Rheumy on the 4th. I'm having a few other side effects too like canker sores on my tongue. Ouch.

Andrew I love these little emoticons.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband, Darren, is just finishing 6 mos on Cx. He did lose a lot of hair--mostly in the last couple of months

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair loss was more of a thinning than losing. I did 6 months of CTX last year between April and October. It took until February or so until the hair grew back in fully. Funny thing is now at about 3:00 in the afternoon, my hair starts to curl a little on the ends, Had very straight hair until the CTX. Friend who cuts hair says everyone has different side effects from chemo drugs. one woman had one side of her hair go curly, the other straight.

Hang in there, it will get thin, but it should grow back OK afterwards.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    My hair loss was more of a thinning than losing. I did 6 months of CTX last year between April and October. It took until February or so until the hair grew back in fully. Funny thing is now at about 3:00 in the afternoon, my hair starts to curl a little on the ends, Had very straight hair until the CTX. Friend who cuts hair says everyone has different side effects from chemo drugs. one woman had one side of her hair go curly, the other straight.

Hang in there, it will get thin, but it should grow back OK afterwards.
    Right now it's in the thinning stage, albeit quickly thinning stage. It's worse when I wash it. I know this too shall pass, but I was hoping to avoid it. Thanks for the info everyone. I'll get through it was just wondering about others' experiences.
    Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is depends much on the shampoo you are using. I am using one with obliphica. try to look for. and another one that I bought at my barber shop and cost me fortune. but what else can a girl do ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed Alysia what else can we do? Lol
    Cindy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast