Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus Question / seems like small flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sinus Question / seems like small flare

Sorry if this is gross . I've up to this point had little to no sinus involvement beyond a perpetually runny nose. Recently I've had this weird thing. My sinuses feel clear, but I will randomly get thick jelly-like mucus from them. Completely clear every time, but the consistency is what seems weird and the fact they come out of a nose that doesn't feel clogged.

I was wondering if anyone had similar, or if this was like an early step towards nose issues.

I did call my doc and she wants another RTX infusion but that was based on pain I've been having mostly.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bob, got the exact same thing going on, has been since I was dxd for the most part. Docs aren't worried unless there's blood, of course. People ask me if I have a cold, NOT! I don't bother to explain anymore. And I spend a bit of time each morning 'clearing' it out altho that doesn't seem to do much good as the day passes. Also seems to react to the humidity a lot too...oh, we don't have humidity here, but my nose knows no different! LOL! It doesn't seem to be a 'destructive mucus' so it's become a part of my 'normal' now. Best to you!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have something like that Bob but can't remember when. I don't think it was during a flare though.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked with DR Villa Forte last night, and she said the other symptoms indicated a flare. I was curious on the sinus thing because it was new. I've had some runny-nose issues all along but the globules (for lack of a better term ;p) is new.

Had my PFT today and I'm down another 2% since 6 months ago so that kind of goes along with the flare thing too. Looks like another RTX adventure for me.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Bob,

Do you use a sinus rinse on a regular basis? I had been having some bloody crusting and thick mucous. Dr Villa Forte suggested I use a neti-pot daily and also Rxed the Clinic's non-antibiotic nasal ointment. I've had good results so far.

How you doin' otherwise?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Sorry if this is gross . I've up to this point had little to no sinus involvement beyond a perpetually runny nose. Recently I've had this weird thing. My sinuses feel clear, but I will randomly get thick jelly-like mucus from them. Completely clear every time, but the consistency is what seems weird and the fact they come out of a nose that doesn't feel clogged.

I was wondering if anyone had similar, or if this was like an early step towards nose issues.

I did call my doc and she wants another RTX infusion but that was based on pain I've been having mostly.

That jelly like stuff was the first thing I was having, way before the sinus infections started and way before the crusting started.
    It was nearly the beginning of everything for me - apart from the joint and muscle pains.

I agree that it's a flare
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey Bob,

Do you use a sinus rinse on a regular basis? I had been having some bloody crusting and thick mucous. Dr Villa Forte suggested I use a neti-pot daily and also Rxed the Clinic's non-antibiotic nasal ointment. I've had good results so far.

How you doin' otherwise?
    I don't do a rinse because I've been lucky and not had much sinus involvement.

I'm doing alright, but could definitely be better. I think I've been in denial about a month on the flare. Finally decided to call when I was waking up every two hours with pain in my sleep (side I sleep on feels like it bruised/on fire almost). My labs have been great so I figured it was the weather and maybe mishandling my Pred taper, but it never went away.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    That jelly like stuff was the first thing I was having, way before the sinus infections started and way before the crusting started.
    It was nearly the beginning of everything for me - apart from the joint and muscle pains.

I agree that it's a flare
    That was what I was thinking...that the mucus was some sort of attempt by my body to try to fight something off that isn't there. Just seemed like maybe it was a precursor to real issues maybe. It always goes away when things are under control.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    That was what I was thinking...that the mucus was some sort of attempt by my body to try to fight something off that isn't there. Just seemed like maybe it was a precursor to real issues maybe. It always goes away when things are under control.
    I 'm familiar with the runny nose as well as the thick mucus. I my case the mucus is kind of 'white' and thick, not totally clear.
    When the disease is under control, these symptoms go away.
    So I agree with you on this. 'Sort of attempt of the body to fight things off'. I would only add the following: 'To fight something off that is not yet there'.
    I Always have to do something. Medication, extra rinsing or whatever will work.
    Rinsing my nose Always is good to prevend further escalation of symptoms, but sometimes I have to talk it over with my doc and take medication.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bob,
    for years I had "pruductions" from the nose, big crusting and bleeding ones.
    since the RTX started to work, they almost disapear, but I still have stuff from the nose from time to time, that is similar to what you are describing.
    maybe this is what is going out after the influence of RTX ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast