Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    You got any left???
    You kidding?! Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With heavy hart must admit that I fell of the wagon and burst thru to 92 kg again. Why does food taste so good?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful what you wish for!

It is 4:30 here and I am starting to think about what to have for dinner, and dreading it! I know that I must eat, but I am never hungry and nothing appeals to me. The later I leave it, the worse it will get. I also know that eating will be a real struggle and make me feel worse for a while.

Never mind. Here goes!.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, you must come for a visit and meet my Mom, nobody can resist her food.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the invite!
    I live about 15 minutes drive from Birmingham Airport - see you in a few hours time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

[QUOTE=Sangye;4573]I second that, Georgia! It's the pred. It makes you feel you can lift cars.

I want that feeling. Maybe then I can get some things done around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no you don't want that feeling! It's an illusion. When Wegs is flared up, you don't really have the strength to do the things pred says you can do, and it completely exhausts the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I definately need something, maybe a swift kick in the but. I am getting pretty frustrated of feeling sick and tired. Like I said before I keep hoping that tomorrow is better but it never is. Maybe if I accomplished something in a day I would feel like it was a productive day instead of sitting here taking pain killers because of headaches or having trouble seeing clearly because of my eyes. I know I am going on about this but it really is frustrating. I guess I want to feel like my life is worth something instead of going from my bed to the sofa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand. I have felt the same way many, many times. Therapy has helped me tremendously. You don't need a swift kick in the butt, you probably do need to stop kicking yourself. I'm working on that one, too!

We're so accomplishment-driven in Western society. We feel like successes if we're doing doing doing, and failures if we can't go go go. But stress is behind all the major killer diseases. So this is your chance in life to find a different way. It's not the way you planned, but some really great things can come out of this.

You might figure out how to relax. Maybe how to meditate. You might become more understanding of others who are limited. You might become more compassionate to yourself and everyone you see. These are things we all need to learn, and we have a golden opportunity to do it.

Instead of thinking you're wasting your day because you're in pain, think that you're nurturing your one and only body, nursing it back to health. During my first few months with Wegs, I could barely ever get out of bed. So one day I decided that my bed was like a battery charger and I was the battery! I didn't resent the time I spent in it after that, because I changed how I saw it.

You're frustrated, for sure. Frustration is really fear. It's natural to be terrified that this is how you'll be the rest of your life. But everything changes. You couldn't hold onto what you had in the past, and this part won't stay the same, either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast