Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just read up on folic acid / hair loss, it will will work for anyone experiencing hair loss as it contains stuff your body may not be getting enough of. I am going to go get some after work. Thank you for all of the kinds words. Pics will follow soon. Just not too fond of the body by prednizone at the moment. haha. I do have a great team of docs and have just added a new one for the hair problem that i will go see on the 21st. I will keep you posted. It could be sress related too. They say to look back 6 months and see what stressers you had. Dad had a major heart attack, i was coming out of a major rough patch in my marriage and was diagnosed with stenosis. all within a month. I also like to internalize. I have been noted for keeping problems inside to spare the ones around me. not always the best way to deal with things, but a very hard habit to break away from. Maybe yoga. Yup i think i will try Yoga. That will make me a calm person for sure. Right?
    Danica

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for doing the research, Danica. Even though you still aren't sure quite why you got the hair loss, I hope the folic acid works! I buy it at a discount grocery store right off the shelf in the supplement section for less than $2, if I remember right. It is 800mg. pills and then my multivitamin has another 200mg. for a total of 1000mg. Maybe I'll step up the dose and see if my thick, curly hair comes back to its former glory!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Danica.
    suuden "big" hair loss can be the result of stress/ trauma/ something scary that comes suddenly.
    mtx caused me a bit of daily hair loss so I am taking: folic acid 5 mg per day, avazinc, multivitamin which is called "strong hair". in addition I found 2 kinds of shampoo that stopped the hair loss. one is with Obliphica. the other I bought in my barber shop, it is called Sarina. it is very expensive but I prefer to stay with my hair "on". enough is enough with that disease.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started losing my hair when my imuran dosage went up. About 30% of my hair or maybe even more.

Luckily it stopped; and is now beginning to come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you, hair is falling out. Folic acid didn't help. Driving me nuts. I have hair past my shoulders and its like the hairline is moving up. Instead of it being at the bottom of my neck my hairline is about midway up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boonickel View Post
    I'm with you, hair is falling out. Folic acid didn't help. Driving me nuts. I have hair past my shoulders and its like the hairline is moving up. Instead of it being at the bottom of my neck my hairline is about midway up.
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe try more folic acid? I think Don said he takes about 3mg. per day, which is 3x what I take. In any case, I hope this condition is only very temporary for you! Best of luck to you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take folic acid, it doesn't seem to be helping. I usually part my hair on the side and the back part of the part is getting bigger. It's a gradual loss, thank goodness. I'm not finding huge massive chunks of hair in my hands or on the pillow.
    It's just par for the course for me. If I have to shave my head, I will.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is ctx cyclophosphamide?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allisonquast View Post
    Is ctx cyclophosphamide?
    Yes, we use "ctx" as abbreviation for cyclophosphamide. Also known as Cytoxan .
    When I used lots of it thirty some years ago, as a young man, I lost lots of hair. Later it all came back. Now I'm loosing it again.
    Except this time its because I'm an old guy. Not a bad way to loose hair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine just got very thin and thinner on top, so like Nikki, I also part mine on the side to try and cover the little thin parts.

More folate has produced curlier hair with Shirley Temple curls for me.......and if I brush the curls, then my hair is a mass of - frizz

Oh the joys
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast