Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default R.i.p.

My faithful companion that kept me company through so much hospital time, passed away last night in his sleep. It was my 9 year old hospital rabbit and I will really miss him because after the hospital agreed to let me have a pet in the hospital he took care of my emotional side and kept me company when I had to spend so many years alone in hospital and waiting time.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry, Barbara. Most of us know how much it hurts to lose any pet, and this was a very special one. I hope you can arrange to have another pet be with you in the hospital. But I know you will miss this rabbit friend for a long time.

Actually, I'm hoping you are not currently IN the hospital. I hope you are doing well, riding your horse, and all those things that bring you joy.
    Last edited by annekat; 10-29-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I'm so sorry, Barbara. Most of us know how much it hurts to lose any pet, and this was a very special one. I hope you can arrange to have another pet be with you in the hospital. But I know you will miss this rabbit friend for a long time.

Actually, I'm hoping you are not currently IN the hospital. I hope you are doing well, riding your horse, and all those things that bring you joy.
    Thank you, I will miss him a lot because 9 years is a long time for a rabbit,but at least he just went from fine to falling asleep and not waking up. I am riding a lot and it helps in so many ways physically and mentally. I am in great shape except the worst of all things , my kidneys are shutting down and I will have to go on dialysis fairly soon. You take care and make every day count.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear about the kidneys, but I'm glad you are riding. Making every day count is very good advice, and I hope to get better at following it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so sad Barbara. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss........
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your rabbit and your kidney problems. It's always hard to lose a pet since they become part of your family. Happy to hear you're riding your horse again. I hope you feel better soon.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    My faithful companion that kept me company through so much hospital time, passed away last night in his sleep. It was my 9 year old hospital rabbit and I will really miss him because after the hospital agreed to let me have a pet in the hospital he took care of my emotional side and kept me company when I had to spend so many years alone in hospital and waiting time.
    Sorry for your loss. Pets can become family too!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry for your loss, Barbara
    what was his name ? do you have a pic of him ? how did you hold him when you were at the hospital ?
    I am glad that you are riding your horse and sorry about your kidneys. I hope your docs can help about them.
    I am sending you my love and hugs
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss--of your very special friend. May your memories bring you peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, I too am sorry to hear about your loss of your hospital buddy.I'm sure he made you feel alot better while there. Hopefully ( and I hope you don't ) but if you have to go into the hosp. again for a length of time they will let you bring another in. I am glad to hear you are riding again,PLEASE don't fall off again and I am sorry about your kidneys,hopefully you won't be on dialysis long. My prayers are with you
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast