Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Research that may be useful to us weggies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Research that may be useful to us weggies

Came across this on the VF facebook page this morning. Hope it works! Researcher finds way to convert blood cells into autoimmune disease treatment
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Came across this on the VF facebook page this morning. Hope it works! Researcher finds way to convert blood cells into autoimmune disease treatment
    The link or the treatment?! LOL! VERY interesting article. Am saving it for quarterly exams next week to show the doc.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    The link or the treatment?! LOL! VERY interesting article. Am saving it for quarterly exams next week to show the doc.

I don't want to sound too stupid but where is the article? I would love to copy it,
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbara,

If you click on the word "Researcher" in my post, the article should open.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very, very interesting! The guy who discovered this sounds like a brilliant scientist. I hope if this turns out to be IT, that they are able to get it going in time to help all of us! And the many more people with all kinds of AI diseases.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was interesting Pete, That would be great if it works ,I think I'll show my doc also
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son does computer programing for a company that does this T-cell "training" to attack prostate cancer cells. They have FDA approval for the process. I think he said it costs $90,000.... Correct me if I am wrong. They would take my white blood cells, send them to school, put them back in my cute little body, and that would stop the autoimmune problem in my body as it exists at that point???? The damage to my joints, lungs, kidneys, throat, PN, nose. eyes, ears, etc. will remain???? The drugs I have taken have saved my life twice. Having said that, I would be grateful to live with that damage if I could stop taking the meds. In the future they will be able to use the T-cells to rebuild our damaged parts. Last week a lab here in Seattle is using T-cells to grow an intestine for an infant who has no intestine. I am 80 years old and I would be willing to be the lab rat for T-cell experiments on my damaged parts. But they need to hurry up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on my computer at work and at home, everyday, and never in a million years could I think of doing anything like this.
    What these people (and your son) can do, is beyond amazing.

Imagine what famous medical inventors and such, like Loius Pasteur or Alexander Fleming, could do these days with the aide or help of a computer.

The mind boggles
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS