User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Close Encounters of the Weggie Kind!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any particular drugs Vdub? Or just the basic principle??
    I've seen your list of daily meds and I'm not sure the NHS can stand the impact on its resources!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your evening is wonderful Geoff and please inform us on any new details from the meeting tomorrow. Cheers !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any particular drugs Vdub? Or just the basic principle??
    The basic principle.... Would I be able to have a doc at Addenbrooks write a script for main-stream type drugs based on a letter (or fax) from my endo/rheumy/pdp? Most critical would be pred, hydro cortisone, desmopressin, injectable B-12, testosterone, levothyroxin, folic acid, and mtx.

I think if I did some whining, I could get a 6 months supply. Getting the prescription isn't a problem, its getting the insurance to pay for it. They bulk at paying for drugs more than 3 months at a time. Of course, I could always pay for it myself and maybe that would be the easiest.

But if you could ask the question in principle, it would be greatly appreciated. Don't go out of your way, tho. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK vdub here we go. Rather than try and speak to Dr Willcocks yesterday, I contacted my local pharmacist who dispenses all my drugs. I explained your predicament and he said that the best way was to try and supply all your drugs personally, i.e bring them with you in a suitcase or rucsac. The problem being that as you are not within the NHS (National Health Service) here in the UK, you would have to see a doctor as a private patient and then he could write a perscription for your drugs (both situations would incur a cost - I have no idea what your drugs would cost at this moment in time) There may also be the situation that some of the many drugs you are on are not available here in the UK, or probably only available in a generic form. The pharmacist thought there might be issues there.
    I understand what you say about your insurance company and perhaps the way round that would be to air freight a follow up parcel of drugs to supplement your initial 3 month package?
    I can contact Addenbrookes and discuss it further for you, no probs; if you wish to persue it then perhaps you could PM me with a list of drugs and I could check on their availability and costs. My gut feeling is that if possible its a better option to source them yourselves.
    Let me know one way or another vdub, its no probs and of course if you do come this way we would be delighted to see you both again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here we are on friday evening at a lovely old pub (c1650) called The White Hart at Margaretting Tye, just west of Chelmsford. All of the 6 Weggies in the photo live in Essex (Sam where were you??!!) and we get together a couple of times a year for a bite to eat and a good old natter. I met them initially at one of the Cambridge Vasculitis Support Group meetings, and I would advocate any Weggie to check out where their nearest group is and get along!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's in the water in Essex, that so many of you have WG???
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Geoff! That is exactly the info I needed and there is no need to ask further. I figured that would be the case. Getting a 6 month supply takes a bit of whining and sniffling (I know, very unbecoming), but it can be done. Did I happen to mention that my cousin is my pharmacist? That helps tremendously from time-to-time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    So what's in the water in Essex, that so many of you have WG???
    Well Michelle I dont know! I know of at least 2 other Weggies (forum members) who werent there and I am guessing there are many more knocking around. There are about 1.5 million people in Essex and so according to the figures stated at the Cambridge meeting on saturday that should equate to about 30 people. So as you can see we would need a bigger table in the Pub to accomodate them all!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great pic Geoff,looks like everyone was having a grand time. How did the vasculitisis meeting go ?
    Michelle,you have your share of weggies on that side of the pond also !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    So here we are on friday evening at a lovely old pub (c1650) called The White Hart at Margaretting Tye, just west of Chelmsford. All of the 6 Weggies in the photo live in Essex (Sam where were you??!!) and we get together a couple of times a year for a bite to eat and a good old natter. I met them initially at one of the Cambridge Vasculitis Support Group meetings, and I would advocate any Weggie to check out where their nearest group is and get along!!
    anyone else from the forum in your pic ?
    everyone looks great
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast