I know many of you are adventurous folks and like to keep physically active. I also know that can be somewhat challenging when dealing with WG. My husband and I both have respiratory issues - but we LOVE outdoor activities. We were thrilled to discover a new park within a park - The John Dillon Park - in the Adirondack National Park. It is located between Long Lake to the south and Tupper Lake to the north. They are committed to make the outdoor experience accessible to people with physical challenges - but the park is for everyone. It has a BEAUTIFUL, remote lake. No motor boats allowed. we are kayakers, so appreciate the quiet very much. If you are a hiker, it is perfect. Sometimes (most times?) hiking can be a challenge because of various conditions. And many parks for the physically challenged provide only short trails. This park has a nice long trail (6 miles I think) into the wilderness. It is completely cleared away and is gravel paved. Easy to navigate, while still giving the feeling of the wilderness. We were absolutely thrilled. Alas - it was raining cats and dogs all three days we were there. But it is definitely some place we plan to go to when we can use our kayaks. Anyway - here is the web url in case anyone is interested.

Accessible Park | Long Lake, New York