Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Three Years Today

Three years ago today I got a name for the beast within.

As all of you know, there's been some great lows and some equally great highs during the journey thus far. Quite something aint it?

I've learned so much, I feel quite confident having some verbal WG judo with some docs, never thought I'd know more than a doctor about anything health related, but here we are.

I've also met some fantastic people, and people in my town especially (and I'm working on making it in every town in the Western World) have gone through a learning curve along with me. I can say with certainty that my town is probably the most aware town in the world when it comes to autoimmune disease.

I just got a sponsor for our next PJ Day event and our new fledgling foundation. Mobil 1 will be our sponsor and it seems like we will be getting a huge financial infusion next PJ Day. We also have sponsorship from a car dealership so next year you'll see pictures of our PJ wrapped special events car. We have the support of one of the three big media outlets in Canada and I'm working on a contest that will hopefully get everyone talking about autoimmune disease.

This disease absolutely changed my life. The last three years have been absolutely amazing, and it's been mostly good amazing. Once over the initial shock and having to deal with the 'not dying part', it's been pretty darn good.

Thanks to you all for being my support net and the gang I've vented to, freaked out at, and used as my stone of Gibraltar

THANK YOU.
    Last edited by marta; 05-10-2013 at 06:05 AM.