Got out of the hospital on Friday.

On about June 2 I started to have a congested feeling in my chest like it was in the upper lung and bronchial area. I started to have a fairly good wet cough with this as well. On the evening of June 6 the congestion and cough were much worse and I started coughing up blood with the mucus and sometimes just straight blood. I called in sick to work that night and my dad took me to the hospital.

I told the ER doc my whole history. He said he read about WG but has never seen anyone with it before. I told him it was best I had a chest x-ray done and to consult with my Rheumy in Saskatoon. They gave me 1g of Pred IV that night and another dose on Monday morning. On Monday, June 8, they finally did a chest x-ray. They released me on Tuesday morning.

As it so happened I had regular appointments scheduled with my Rheumy and Neph on June 10. My dad took me up to Saskatoon to see them. My congestion and cough were still bad and I still felt fairly weak. I saw my Neph first and he was doubtful that it was the WG flaring. I then saw my Rheumy and she talked with my Neph and looked at the chest x-ray. She said the chest x-ray looked more like pneumonia. She then admitted me for 2 days to the hospital to try to narrow this down.

That night they did a CT scan of the chest and a whole bunch of blood work. A doctor came to see me late that night and said that it looked like WG to him and the Radiololgist and said that another Rheumy would see me in the morning.

The next day the Rheumy came to see me and said they weren’t sure if it was WG or a lung infection and that they wanted to do another CT scan of my neck area because the Radiologist saw something there. They did the CT later that afternoon.

The next day the Rheumy came back and said that the thing in the neck was nothing and that they were 98% certain that it is a lung infection. They released me that day, June 12, around noon. They gave me six days of an antibiotic called Moxifloxacin HCl 400mg and upped my Pred to 40 for 2 weeks and down to 30 for 2 weeks and then down to 20 again.

It’s nice to be back home. I am feeling a little better today. The congestion and cough are getting better and I am feeling a little stronger. The blood work they did in the hospital in Saskatoon showed up good. White cells were normal and blood and urine Creatinin were normal as well. CRP and ESR were good too. I wont know the results of the ANCA until about June 25. Does anyone else have to wait about 2 weeks to get their ANCA results?