Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bummed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bummed

So I think I'm starting to flare again. Same stinking time every year. Really concerned as I have vacation scheduled in June, and it takes forever to get rtx done.

Pain in the hip every morning, fairly intense amount. If I sleep on the other side it's my shoulder instead. My only hope here is it's consistently the same spot so maybe it's nothing, but...
    I added in Fatigue the last 4 days, and now I'm developing a bit of a cough and hoarseness.

I'm praying it's not a flare, but my brain it telling me all the warning flags have been unfurled.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang tough Bob...it could or could not be...but be ready to get the drugs, don't try to get through it on your own...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob,

I agree with Don. Give Dr Villa Forte a call pronto. Maybe you can put this behind you before vacation.

Good luck and better health!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would get the routine lab work done pronto to help assess what is going on. I would also go see my Weg expert right away to get their assessment and what ever treatment they deem necessary. You should have two months to get things under control before your vacation and hope that is enough time to get it done. Best of luck for improvement soon. I seem to get Weg symptoms when ever I get an infection or maybe it's the other way around. Any other such warning signs for you that might help get things sorted out quickly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob, you know the drill by now........get your bloods done, and then make the call.
    I hope that it isn't........but you know you can beat it back down again.......you have done it before and can do it again.

You know, I can hear my mum yelling, as she is reading this ........yes, she is a regular lurker on here
    I can hear her saying, listen to your own advice for a change my dear daughter.......go and get your bloods done and make the call.
    Yes, I am down to 3mg and the aches and pains are creeping back. Not terribly bad but still there.
    Yes mum, they will be done sometime this week.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do actually feel a bit better today. Less pain and grogginess might just be some delayed withdraw symptoms. I have blood work scheduled this week anyway, might do it a day early to see results before the weekend.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi bob,
    I hope the symptoms will stop. I hope it is not a flare. if it is, catch it asap and control it.
    I know the feeling, when some symptoms returning, how alarming it is, and scary
    Im afraid the symptom will last forever.
    but it is not, thanks God.
    (except from some symptoms that love me too much, they dont want to leave me, maybe they know I dont like separations... ).
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is not a flare, Bob. When you say it always happens at this time of year, it makes me think of allergies.... however, that would not explain your hip pain or much of the increased fatigue. We will all hope for the best and that, if you are flaring, it will be easily brought under control.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far every flare but one has been in April-May. Like clockwork...I suspect an allergy must be related to it, or my body reacting poorly to somehting in the environment at this time of the year.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been bugged by allergies a bit this year, too.... I think my meds keep them down a little. I kind of have to fend for myself on those, since my doc doesn't think I could be having any allergy symptoms with the immunosuppressants and pred that I'm on. I don't take his word for that. So far, not too unmanageable, but am not looking forward to grass season, my worst allergy.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast