After having 34 operations in 8 years, I was left without a nose so I had to go for a prosthetic one. The doctor was very nice and did a good job, making me a nose and another spare one. Expensive! They were ready to pick up the night before I was leaving for America to visit my grandchildren. I was told not to touch them until tomorrow when they would have dried completely, so we put them in a Ray Ban sun glasses case to protect them. When I left the office it was raining so everyone was huddled under doorways while waiting to hail a cab. When I got home I went to show my new noses to my daughter and they were gone. It turns out while we were waiting under an awning I was pick-pocketed for my pair of Ray Bans. I would love to have seen the face on the pick-pocket when he got home and opened the box. Actually, no - I'd like to punch him in the nose. His nose.
My doctor was great and he told me to come back and get the trial nose and I could use that temporarily. We had called the taxi company just to be sure that they hadn't fallen out of my pocket. My doctor laughed and said that one time, he forgot a pair of ears in the back of a taxi.
I ended up hating the noses in the end after all that time and money so I just wear a patch.