Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the norm or a flare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear that your markers have gone up........and how dare your rheumy go on holidays, when you need him

I hope things start to improve quickly
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwc51 View Post
    Latest update - the pains increased and continually move around. Mild rash is developing on my lower legs. A blood test a few days ago is bad with the markers leaping up - trying to see my rheumy but he has gone on holiday! ..... watch this space for further news!
    Funny...but you're definitely flaring...darn...get in soon, and if the 'idiot' doesn't get back soon, get to an ER! Best to you!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pw, does your Rheumy have a back doc you can see? If not, I would not wait for the Rheumy to come back to work, I would go to the ER, get taken care of.
    Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, that does sound a bit flare-ish! I had a bit of a flare this winter but have gotten over it with an increase in my MTX and pred. I suspect my MTX dose, after having switched from CTX, was too low to begin with... only 10mg. Now at 15mg and hope to convince my doc to let me stay there to avoid future flares.

I've only had a very slight rash on my forearms when flaring. But I recognized it as the WG rash.

I've had the joint pain, but not at all since treatment. I never had red or swollen joints and didn't notice it moving around, really. So not typical Wegs joint pain, I guess, and less severe than some of you. Had been tested for RA in the past but with no positive results.

Anyway, good luck, pwc51, in getting it looked at and dealt with soon!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to see a doctor who seemed to know what he was doing. He agreed with my thoughts that the increased pain etc was a flare (slight?) - as a holding measure he has put me on pred (30mg) but thinks when my rheumy is back next week he will suggest going through RTX infusions again.
    Feeling so much better after only 1 dose of pred - it is amazing stuff!
    More news soon .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do hope you are feeling much better, it is amazing what raising the preds will do. Wish all the best for you!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that pred is amazing stuff. It is the drug we love to hate. I've always kind of liked it, with some reservations.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pred is fantastic - I did not realise how bad I was feeling before I went back on this! It obviously creeps up (runs you down) without you noticing! Seeing my rheumy on Monday but he has been working away already and I have dates for my next two doses of RTX - fantastic news (1st and 15th May).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter, sorry to hear this flare is going on. Let's call it a smoulder and it's not as ominous as a full on-go to the hospital and hang out there for days - kinda flare.

I hope that they don't keep you on the pred for too long and I'm thrilled to hear that you have RTX booked. Nip that baby in the bud.

All the very best to you - I think those lower pred taper moments are super tricky and individual... I hope that this is not the cause of the flare, ooops, I mean smoulder.

xxx
    m

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Marta - I like the style!

It is very hard to say what the trigger was - I had been stable on 5mg for some time and actually the pains had started before I began the final taper. It suggests I might have needed a higher level, say 7.5mg all along. The taper had been very slow - almost 2 years to get to zero. Mentally / psychologically I felt so much better on the lower doses but once teh pains returned I realise that I must have been going down in other respects. Oh, the joys of this wonderful condition! At least the sun is shining today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast