I have been avoiding this post because I think it is a great idea - but to me it is a signal of a mental shift from being negative about all this to having a positive outlook about it. I know which is the better option, I just cannot force my mind to feel good about it all yet. I sure don't want to seem fake and claim all's well when I feel otherwise.
But some day ( when I'm done with my pity party) I'll claim December 22, 2012 as my alive day.
I had achieved remission since my dx in 2010, but went to the er with shortness of breath. Come to find out I was I renal failure and nearly dead. I spent that Christmas and new years in the hospital plus some for good measure. I am still fighting to find a balance if drugs that will maintain my current remission.
A lot to be thankful for? You bet. A lot to worry about? Maybe not, but to date I cannot kick the bad attitude. God bless all if you that can do this - you are better men and women than I.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.