Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liver and WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot even imagine what you are going thru and no words can make it better, but just know that we are here to listen. I do not have itchy spots but have had knobs of granulomas on my elbows and side of thumb. I couldn't put my elbows on any surface because it hurt like the dickens. They felt like blobs of movable stuf. They went away once I started cyclo again. I realy hope your kidneys will be Ok.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I am kind of nervous!! I have another nob or granule on top of my left foot and it swells at times. The first time it happen my PCP(when I had real insurance told me to go to the Emergnecy rm. I did and they admitted me for possible Cardiac Arrest!!!!! I kept telling them I had WG and they would not pay attenttion and did a Catheterization and could not find anything!!!! Finally the 3 rd day they contacted my WG doc and he said it was probably my WG and would see me. What a trip!!!!!
    But thanks again for your support and contact and time to read and type to me.
    Judi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

judi that'a what we're here for.at some point in the future someone will come on here with a story similar to yours and you will be able to help and advise them.that's how it works.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ddrk, I inject meth but my first Rheumy I had suggested injecting in muscle of abdomen a and alternate sides every week.
    just a suggestion.
    judi
    HAPPY FATHER'S DAY YOU GUYS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, it is great that you have a Doc with that much experience.
    I am looking for a Dr. . Could you refer me? Thankx Joyce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

My liver function tests have risen even further and I have heard that
    a herbal supplement of Milk Thistle Tablets once a day can help to detoxify the liver. Has any one heard or tried these tablets and is there
    any contra indictaions with the WG meds. eg Methotrexate, septrim ect.

Thanks

Derek

Doug Guest

Derek- The person most likely to have an answer to this question is Sangye. She currently is unable to access this website because of internet connection problems. You might sent her an e-mail for an answer. She has been having issues that looked like she might have to be hospitalized, if you recall (or happened to read the two notes from her that I posted for all to see). Other than that, your best- and safest!- bet on non-traditional treatments for anything related to Wegener's Granulomatosis is a doctor or pharmacist with knowledge of the interactions you are concerned with. Personally, where I have a disease that can kill me if bad or ill-informed decisions about my medications or care are concerned, I tend to stay away from non-traditional treatments and stay with the hard-learned treatments known to work. That said, stand back for the rebuttals! Ha!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-13-2009 at 05:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree with Doug. My clinic always has notices pinned up warning against taking various herbal remedies because of interactions with prescribed drugs. It seems to be a common belief that "herbal" means "harmless"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. I think I will give them a miss as after reading your comments and thinking about it, if they worked the doctor would give you them.

Thanks

Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctors concluded that my liver enzymes were high due to excessive fatty tissue surrounding my liver which they said can raise liver count.
    Through an ulta sound 2 last week the results were the above read by the Radiologist doctor. So, they found a cyst on my liver but nothing threatening thank GOd.
    Hope this helps
    Judi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast