![/QUOTE

Hi Anne -- Is it possible you are "okay" with his passing and don't feel the need to grieve (as we accept as the normal process of grieving)? I'm certainly sad about not having my dad anymore, but recognize the cycle of life and his ultimate passing as a part of that process. He led an incredible life and gave back to the world in so many ways. It gives me comfort knowing it was a life well lived. We all grieve differently ...

KB[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kathy,

Thanks for the reply. In my case, I think it has a lot to do with my dysfunctional family.... my parents were divorced and when he died, he had been married for 35 years to the woman who broke up their marriage. He loved us, but was a somewhat passive person, and the typical "distant" dad except for the times he really felt like being fatherly and funny around us. His new marriage created more distance between us, though I did spend time with him occasionally and learned to get along OK with "her". There was no memorial service and I was too sick to help spread the ashes, which would have involved a trip of several days. (I did get some of them, though!)

Not to go on about me when you are the one who recently lost your dad! But you are so nice to reply. I know there is still grief for my dad that needs to come out. I do think about him every day and have started talking to him out loud a little. One of these days, I think something will set off a good cry, and I'll feel better!