Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grumblings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes are goopy and blurry as well, but that is not a sign that Wegs is affecting your eyes. At this point you probably don't have active Wegs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My eyes are goopy and blurry as well, but that is not a sign that Wegs is affecting your eyes. At this point you probably don't have active Wegs.
    Phil, how much pred are you on now? I think that is what caused most of my vision problems until the cataracts got bad enough to require surgery. Now I got 20/40 vision and can get buy without any glasses for first time in 60 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carrie, congrats on losing 10 pounds! That is an accomplishment. I'd love to lose 10 pounds right now. I, too, wear glasses and have for 50 years, and of course, now wear bifocals. I've had a bit of double vision off and on, which has been better lately. Maybe it was the pred, as you suggest. I also know I need a new glasses prescription, as it's been a LONG time. So I guess I'll start there. I had some problems similar to yours earlier in my treatment.... redness, watering, an overall tight feeling around my eyes. They are much better now.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on 8mg of pred right now. Pred has affected my vision over the years but the CRVO has had the most effect.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Carrie, congrats on losing 10 pounds! That is an accomplishment. I'd love to lose 10 pounds right now. I, too, wear glasses and have for 50 years, and of course, now wear bifocals. I've had a bit of double vision off and on, which has been better lately. Maybe it was the pred, as you suggest. I also know I need a new glasses prescription, as it's been a LONG time. So I guess I'll start there. I had some problems similar to yours earlier in my treatment.... redness, watering, an overall tight feeling around my eyes. They are much better now.
    My optometrist told me it is hard to get an accurate correction when medical issues like varying blood glucose levels and pred meds are screwing up your vision. Cataract surgery really helped and so did getting down to lower pred level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    My optometrist told me it is hard to get an accurate correction when medical issues like varying blood glucose levels and pred meds are screwing up your vision. Cataract surgery really helped and so did getting down to lower pred level.
    That's interesting. I'll definitely mention WG and the meds to the optometrist. I don't have the problem with blood glucose levels and am now at 10mg. pred. I probably won't even get around to making an appt. until sometime in the new year.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess who got the plague! *%+¥}£~*|*.

that is how I feel.

My husband drug it home Sunday. I woke up with it Monday morning. Went to the hospital for my weekly testing on Monday and got some "just incase" antibiotics. I take septra everyday anyway. Still coughing and stuffy but I think I'm going to live. Doctors scared the crap out of me though.

And here I was all eager to work this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things happen so fast for you, Carrie! I hope you get over it as fast as you got it, and that hubby and you both feel better soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hubs feels fine, didn't even miss a day of work. He slept all day Sunday, and Monday after work he slept, he's got a bit of a cough now but nothing like me. I spent a few days in what I like to call delirium...lol... Coughing up lots of stuff and lots of colored stuff coming out of my nose. A bit concerning but I have no fever, so I don't know what to think of it. I go see my doc on Monday anyway and more testing.

It hasn't been a good week. Sick to my stomach also, putting that on the Imuran.. Yakyak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123