Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
Light, the 3-day pulse steroids are only if you're having a severe flare in which you need the massive pred to save your life--eg lung hemorrhage, kidney failure. It's hard to know if you should do the 2 infusions a week apart or the 4 infusions. If you're experiencing a bad flare I suggest doing the 4 infusions. Also, if you're on the heavier side like me, there is a sizeable dose difference between the 2 protocols since the 2-dose protocol uses 1,000mg for each while the 4-dose protocol is weight-based.

Before the infusion you should be given benadryl and at least 80 mg solumedrol. Dr Seo gives me 100 mg solumedrol but said he wouldn't give less than 80 to anyone.
Thanks, He ordered the 4 infusion protocol (I am most assuredly on the "heavier" side) Still waiting for Insurance pre-auth. He ordered 100 solumedrol, vistiral (benadryl makes me edgy) and tylenol prior to infusion. I want to hurry up so I can taper this 60mg of pred down. The rheumy told me to do the taper because I could probably do it better than he could. Sometimes I get tired of these docs thinking because it is me that I can manage my own care. And yet......if it wouldn't have been for this forum and your advice I truly believe I would be dead.