Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stress management

Stress is bad for GPA, WEGS, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, and health in general. Stress comes from many things--worry about having a flare or wondering what a new symptom means, difficulty in our relationships with others, our jobs, our finances or lack of financial resources to meet our expenses, problems or health of our family and friends, and many other things like even one's golf score.

So what is your worst cause of stress? And what are you favorite ways to cope with it?

Right now I am try to keep busy to avoid thinking about stressors in my life. I go to our local animal shelter and walk homes dogs or just sit with some and pet them. I read things like local papers and lot of things on internet, journal, try to participate in various social group activities that are available, listen to relaxing music, watch TV shows or movies to distract myself, go for walks or drives to enjoy the beautiful fall colors, talk with others, participate in personal counseling and support groups, and try to help some other people when i can with things and whatever other things I think of that I think might help.
    Last edited by drz; 09-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.