Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 24 Hour Urine Test

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 24 Hour Urine Test

Now that I have a new Urologist at Vandy, they are checking out everthing. I just received a call from them regarding the results. The following are high but I don't have the numbers: Calcium/Sodium/Uric Acid (calling in a script for Potassium Citrate). In addition, my citrate level is low. Can any or all of these be explained by the treatment I'm currently on? Any info on this medicine?

I have a CT scan of my kidneys next week. Would any of the above findings be an indicator for Wegs in the kidneys? I think it's more towards the kidney stones I've had.

Thanks,
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me Wegs in kidneys meant blood in urine, elevated inflammation markers, extremely high ANCA score, low hemoglobin, and evidence in urine that it was not filtering everything out that it should. Your doctor knows your meds and should sit down and explain what your test results are suggesting and what treatment he is recommending and why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Historically I have had blood in my urine for a long time but I've also had stones and urological issues. It was not my doctor that called so i will run everything by her when I see her after my CT scans.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hope -- For me it was large amounts of blood in my urine. Also the creatinine and BUN rates are determined through blood tests. Viewing your levels now vs. previous levels would be a good comparison. Due to my hypothyroidism, I have always had routine blood tests done every six months. It was good info going back to April, 2011 to see slightly elevated creatinine rates vs. August, 2011 when I began the WG issues and the rates were through the roof!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have blood in my urine. We'll know soon enough. I don't want to start this medicine without talking to my doctor about it though.