User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suggestions for appeal for disability denial?

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suggestions for appeal for disability denial?

Hi all -- I was fortunate enough to have Al's input to the question about possible responses and ideas to support my disability retirement appeal. This is for the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). I've yet to hear from SSI. They said WG wasn't shown to be a "permanent condition" and that because I was down to 5 mg Prednisone I was showing "clinical improvement". As Al suggested, I've been working on anecdotal examples of the debilitating nature of WG. Also, I've gone back to my rheumy and requested he bolster his portion of my application. I've also met with with my primary care physician to provide support. Does anyone have any documentation to refute the two ridiculous conclusions of the VRS re prednisone and permanent status of WG? Your help is invaluable! Thanks!!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do organizations for Vasculitis and Autoimmune Disorder groups have any info on this issue? Another option might be to ask for an occupational assessment where someone that evaluates people for rehab programs can assess your ability to do any kind of work. Then an expert can document the problems you would have in holding down an employment position.