Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A question for the experts...common colds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go see my GP again tomorrow and get my bloods done. Today has really scared me.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I feel slightly off or suspect that it could be an infection or Wegs in the slightest way I immediately go for labs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My GP has ordered bloods but suspects I'm still anaemic and this would account for the dizziness and lack of energy. She's given me iron tablets.

As for the pain behind my eye she says it isn't sinusitis but muscle pain as I have pain in my neck too.

She's signed me off work for a week too.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are on Prednisone for long periods of time you should be having regular as in every couple of months checkups with an Ophthalmologist to check the pressure in your eyes. One of the side effects of the drug and also Wegeners effects the internal part of the eye. I went blind before I went in the hospital the first time and it was due to the Wegeners causing pressure inside my eyes (prior to my diagnosis). I got my vision back thanks to the work of a really good and very dedicated Ophthalmologist. If you are feeling pressure in your eyes go see an eye doctor!

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok gunnyl.

I will see if the eye pressure goes away, if its still there towards the end of the week i will go see an eye doc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eye feels a lot better today, pain is hardly there. Hurts when i touch around my eye or if i am near a bright light but no where near as bad as yesterday.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting ready to have my first eye checkup since dx. Any recommendations for my new doctor re WG?

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123