Our area was hit by that giant derecho storm last week while temps were over 100, and most everyone lost power for many days. My neighborhood was one of the very few that didn't sustain the least bit of damage or lose power at all. Thankfully I had A/C the whole time, though my car fan died and I couldn't go anywhere because it was so hot out.

Everyone I knew was in bad shape. Our temple lost power for many days but we managed to keep the 24-hr prayer vigil going despite temps in the prayer room over 100 degrees. Everything outside of our neighborhood looked like a bomb went off. Huge trees split apart, everywhere. There are still parts of Maryland without power and with downed trees blocking streets. About 2 days into it, our governor tweeted that repair crews were driving from Texas. DRIVING!! LOL

Before this storm none of us knew what a derecho was, and now every time we've gotten another severe thunderstorm warning we all get pretty worried.

The storm affected so many states at once. I hope no one here was harmed and didn't lose power.