Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blocked/Plugged Tear Duct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blocked/Plugged Tear Duct

I've had it for months. My left eye, being unable to "drain" tears, just fall down my face like I'm crying or have allergies. There is a procedure I can have done once I have the insurance.
    You should see me lately as I interview for work - I just tell them I'm in the middle of "bad allergies".
    Sometimes I feel like I belong on the "Island of Misfit Toys". If it's not this it's that, and so on.

I know Weg's can affect random things randomly, but curious if anyone else has had this happen?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both mine are blocked. Have been for quite a while. My left one first blocked up in late 2008 and I had it corrected in 2009. It did not take and the tube tore a wider hole. But now the right eye is blocked and much worse than the left one. It seems like the left one did start working again a bit on its own. But I hate wiping away the puss all the time, especially from the right one. If my vision in the right eye gets back to 20/20 or close to that I will consider doing the right eye as well.

I would just be honest with your prospective employers and say that you have a blocked nasolacrimal duct and are waiting to have an endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy to correct it. When I use medical terms most people say: Huh?......lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Both mine are blocked. Have been for quite a while. My left one first blocked up in late 2008 and I had it corrected in 2009. It did not take and the tube tore a wider hole. But now the right eye is blocked and much worse than the left one. It seems like the left one did start working again a bit on its own. But I hate wiping away the puss all the time, especially from the right one. If my vision in the right eye gets back to 20/20 or close to that I will consider doing the right eye as well.

I would just be honest with your prospective employers and say that you have a blocked nasolacrimal duct and are waiting to have an endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy to correct it. When I use medical terms most people say: Huh?......lol.
    Prospective employer might think that is a big expensive operation with long recovery period and declined to hire you so maybe simple terms might be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Toby , before I lost my sight in my left eye , eye would water constantly I couldn't control it . looked like i was crying all the time . I was told by an optometrist after i lost sight That I have blocked ducts and just to hold a hot face washer over my eyes when I shower , to unblock them ? or to help unblock them .
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to see you, Natalie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dacryocystorhinostomy many years ago to correct a plugged eye duct that kept getting horrible infections. The DCR has worked great ever since then. Now my other eye is plugged, like yours, and I get tears and puss. I just don't want to get the procedure done. Mine was not endoscopic.
    Phil did they go through a hole in your face (like mine was) . I have a faint but long scar along the line of my nose where they made a large hole. Maybe they have less invasive procedures now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I had a dacryocystorhinostomy many years ago to correct a plugged eye duct that kept getting horrible infections. The DCR has worked great ever since then. Now my other eye is plugged, like yours, and I get tears and puss. I just don't want to get the procedure done. Mine was not endoscopic.
    Phil did they go through a hole in your face (like mine was) . I have a faint but long scar along the line of my nose where they made a large hole. Maybe they have less invasive procedures now?
    Hi Kirk,

Yes, the doc had to take part of the bone out on the side of the nose.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Hi Kirk,

Yes, the doc had to take part of the bone out on the side of the nose.
    Ok, that sounds as fun as what I had done. (it did work though and for that we can be grateful)