0 Thread(s)

Jana , who are yr Drs at CC ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I wish I had the Drs. u have. They seem to be really watching out for u. You are taking alot more than I will be ( I'm only going to be taking 7.5 mg a week and 2 folic acid pills every day ) Have u ever had any problems with it? If so u probably shouldn't tell me they will get me even more worried !!!!
    Debra, I have had no problems. I am lucky with my doctors, but I should stress that the idea of the two weekly blood tests is not their idea it is an NHS requirement, so the UK government considers the risks of liver complications seriously.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra, that's great. I forget that you go to CC. I trust them to give you the very best advice and treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys..I think I am really staring to lose it over taking the MTX. I should have started a few weeks ago but since I had that breathing problem and weaning off preds to fast set me back,I held off. But I know I should take them now and I just can't bring myself to do it. I took them out of the bottle today with all good intentions and there they sit. I got on the computer and started reading all the possible side effects (which I know they have to list everything ) and I just break down crying knowing I have to take more medicine that in the long run could cause more harm then good. Then I don't know when to take them as far as the timing,should I take the steroids,folic acid the MTX all at the same time or split it up over the day? I can't call my dr. cuz he already thinks I'm on them. I think I need to call a pysch dr. for depression cuz this this all really getting to me now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    OK guys..I think I am really staring to lose it over taking the MTX. I should have started a few weeks ago but since I had that breathing problem and weaning off preds to fast set me back,I held off. But I know I should take them now and I just can't bring myself to do it. I took them out of the bottle today with all good intentions and there they sit. I got on the computer and started reading all the possible side effects (which I know they have to list everything ) and I just break down crying knowing I have to take more medicine that in the long run could cause more harm then good. Then I don't know when to take them as far as the timing,should I take the steroids,folic acid the MTX all at the same time or split it up over the day? I can't call my dr. cuz he already thinks I'm on them. I think I need to call a pysch dr. for depression cuz this this all really getting to me now.
    Debra,

You really need to be on the MTX if that is what they've prescribed for you. I know it's a horrid sounding drug, but honestly it's better than some of the others (We seem to have an entire cast of bad drug options), and without that big drug pounding on the immune system you are really kind of only treating the symptoms with the Prednisone. If you take the MTX and keep up with your labs you should be ok to avoid any serious complications from it

I strongly advise you let your doctor know the situation, explain your feelings and they should understand. I personally take celexa to help with anger issues, but it is primarily for anxiety related issue for most people. Maybe something like that would help if the depression is getting to you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Deb, you are playing with fire. You really need to contact your doc now to get all this sorted. When I say playing with fire I mean that the Wegs can come back full force and do more damage or kill you. We don't want that. We want you around for a long time to come. Please contact your doc now.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Oh Deb, you are playing with fire. You really need to contact your doc now to get all this sorted. When I say playing with fire I mean that the Wegs can come back full force and do more damage or kill you. We don't want that. We want you around for a long time to come. Please contact your doc now.
    Thanks Phil...I'm not going to call him ,I'll just start taking them tommorrow. I just don't know if I take all the pills...preds,folic acid and MTX all at once..he never told me and I can't call him on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, if it helps then since you won't call the doc...I am on those same things. I take the pred & folic daily, and the MTX once a week, in the prescribed doses. Also am on Lexapro to control anxieties and 'thinking too much'...something like that may help also. I believe it was Al who told me when I first came in here looking for help: if I survived the drugs for the help, then the WG would lose out. Something like that...anyway, the point is: take your meds...they are the difference between a healthier you and what WG dog could or will do to you. Best of luck, have faith in the docs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb, I have been on 20mg of mtx a week since 23rd August and take 5mg of Folic Acid three days after taking the mtx, I am also on 10mg pred a day and have had no obvious side effects. You really do need to take the meds that are prescribed to you otherwise as Don says that wegs dog will be biting badly. If you get any nasty side effect then go straight to your doctor and tell them, there might be something else thay can give you.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Deb, if it helps then since you won't call the doc...I am on those same things. I take the pred & folic daily, and the MTX once a week, in the prescribed doses. Also am on Lexapro to control anxieties and 'thinking too much'...something like that may help also. I believe it was Al who told me when I first came in here looking for help: if I survived the drugs for the help, then the WG would lose out. Something like that...anyway, the point is: take your meds...they are the difference between a healthier you and what WG dog could or will do to you. Best of luck, have faith in the docs...
    Deb, I agree with Dirty Don. I have been taking pred and folic acid daily and MTX once a week (six 2.5 pills) for two years now. The name of our game is to keep the Weg do asleep.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast