Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Weaning pred question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took my second dose of 15mg. MTX on Tues...didn't do so well as last .I have been having, not a headache but my head hurts,and having more stomach issues. I think I'm going to get my blood work done tommorrow. I was gonna want for my 3rd dose my I just don't feel well. Going down to 7 mg. of pred on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I'm officially having a flare again, saw Dr Villa Forte yesterday. Oddly feeling a bit better the last 4 days...so Prednisone is doing it's thing. She surmised that it's just time for another round of RTX and has it ordered. Hoping that Immuran will keep me in remission alone this time, but pretty much know what I'm looking for now. I misplaced the first couple symptoms thinking they were related to citralopram (Night Sweats, and Fatigue) so really this started the beginning of April. So lowering down to 0 on ye olde pred was probably not a good combo with that.
    Bob, I hope you get RTX soon and that you go into remission quickly.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I just took my second dose of 15mg. MTX on Tues...didn't do so well as last .I have been having, not a headache but my head hurts,and having more stomach issues. I think I'm going to get my blood work done tommorrow. I was gonna want for my 3rd dose my I just don't feel well. Going down to 7 mg. of pred on Sunday
    I just started my MTX this week... seemed to make me drowsy, which was one of the side effects listed on the info sheet. I thought you were starting at 7.5mg? I'm on 10mg/wk and 10mg daily of pred. I have been tapering CTX for the last few months and am going to stay on 25mg. for a couple weeks along with the MTX. I found some posts in the archives where people have done this, and also some medical literature online indicating it is OK. Other than the drowsiness, no real nausea but a little more indigestion than usual.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the Wegs gets under control fast for you Bob. Will u stay on Imuran while on rtx infusions or just pause it?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RTX works like a champ for me, so I'm pretty confident it should again. I think I'll stay on Imuran with the RTX as she kept me on MTX with it last time. My only concern is that maybe Imuran isn't strong enough to keep me in remission by itself. Not sure what to think on that...MTX isn't a great one for me due to the pre-existing liver issues. It never spikes my enzymes, but they do weird stuff constantly.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much Imuran are you on Bob? I'm on 150.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 here as well.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back up to 40mg...I hope they finally get me scheduled for the RTX infusion this week. I know the insurance finally approved it. I can say for sure now that the Pred screws up my eyes. Yesterday I noticed I can't see red clearly out of my right eye. Fine from the left though...weird. My head feels groggy constantly at this point too.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on RTX hurry up

Even though we don't wont Bob to see red, he may do so if he has to continue this way much longer

I hope things improve for you soon Bob
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got the RTX yesterday. Insurance company did everything dumb they could think of I think

Got home...exhausted. Thought I'd try to stay up late enough to not wake up at 3am again. Then the house caught on fire...entertaining evening. I'm a little worried about my fingers I burnt right after a immune suppression.

No serious damage or injuries FYI, but some blisters on my fingers where hot plastic burned me through my gloves as I ran a burning fan out of the house.
    ~ Bob

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast