Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminated from job

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Terminated from job

Hello, I am new here. I was recently terminated. I have a pons lesion and smaller lesions in deep white matter AND I worked for the radiologist who read my MRI's. One thinks I have MSA (which I do not). Last week I had a CT chest for dx Wegeners and MRI follow up for pons lesions. Report for MRI brain states history of Wegeners. Still don't know if I have Wegeners yet but docs are looking into it. Also filed HIPAA complaint one month ago when I caught 2 co workers going thru my paperwork...Thought? Yes, I am getting a lawyer, not as easy as it sounds. Anyone else experience this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi newweg and welcome to this site but sorry that you have the need to come here.

I am also so sorry that you have had to put up with some absolutely lousy co-workers, what a disgrace. I'm very happy to say that my working environment and co-workers are amazing.

You can be assured of receiving the best advice in the world in regards to all things Wegs on this site.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I don't understand the technicalities of your medical history, but if you might have Wegs, you have come to the right place. There are members here with extensive knowledge about all things related to WG and other medical and health issues. I will say that I don't know how most people with Wegs could get along without this forum.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newweg, welcome to the forum and to such an exciting "never know what is going to happen next" disease. I am shocked that your co-workers could do such a thing and that your file is clearly available to your collegues. If you ever have any qestions and concerns do not hesitate to shout out, someone on this site will most likely be able to help you.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Red eyes

Last week I had all blood vessels break in one eye, came on quik. Just healed...An hour ago..BOOM whites r blood red

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newweg View Post
    Last week I had all blood vessels break in one eye, came on quik. Just healed...An hour ago..BOOM whites r blood red
    See AN EYE DOCTOR QUICK TO BE SURE THERE IS NOT DAMAGE INSIDE that you can't see or feel yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, we can't speak to the legal implications of your case, but it sounds really weird to have coworkers looking at your medical data. No way should that ever happen.

About the medical implications, I hope you have a very good neurologist who knows WG (many do not). WG is always a very serious matter, but in the central nervous system it is extraordinarily critical to have the services of the best you can find. Are you located close to a vasculitis center?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Income Protection

Hi All

New Member - WG for last 5 years -luckily appear to have been diagnosed early hence (touch wood) no major organ involvement.

However due to Gastro problem (advised not likely WG associated) over last 12 months WG is gaining momentum and subject to updated Blood Tests I look likely that kidney biopsy required and 12 months of Cyclo/Preds which i am not looking forward to.

Off work over 6 months and likely may not return - Has anyone had experience of claims under Income Protection for WG - I have had periods of remission under WG (pred/mx dosages).

Not sure how Insurance companies view WG particurarly as under correct dosage of medication one can sometimes bouts of normality as regards day to day living

Hope furum members can help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all. I actually saw eye doctor last Thursday, he works with Wegeners. He said all good! No idea why my eyes keep doing this. I also have a neurologist at Jefferson. He does not treat Wegs. He told me to find Rhuemologist, which I did, testing still going on. All blood work ok so far, but he just ordered new blood work. I am in New Jersey and my docs are in Philadelphia, if anyone has a good doc to recommend, let me know.
    About work....I had surgery last April, totally unrelated to any of this. Because of the nature of where I work and the tremendous gossip. I did not tell what I was having done. Well, someone decided a boob job!!! That was the story. Oh yeah, I worked in medical field with all medical "professionals", sad? yes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast