Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi everyone

I haven't posted for a long time, problems logging onto the forum and also other issues. I was diagnosed with overlap connective tissue disease. So not officially a weggie, althrough i was anca positive about eighteen months ago but have been negative since. Esr,crp amd rf have remained high despite being on methotrexate and they have applied for funding for adalimumab. they done a blood test for tb before i started this and this has come back postive bit it is not active. So i have to see the chest team ataddenbrooks and have this treated before starting on the anti-tnf treatment as this can activate the tb. I was intrested about a comment made about jiont pain which i am sure i don't have to how bad it can be as over members know. I know of course lung and kidney can be life threatening but aggree that when you mention jiont pain to the dr's they don't appreciate how bad it is and disabling it can be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know how you feel eileenv. Generally the joint pains I get are on the left hand side, so any really bad pain in my knee or ankle can mean I cannot operate my car's clutch. Of course if the pain is in my elbow or shoulder then actually changing gear can be nearly impossible, to compound matters my taxi meter is incorporated in the rear-view mirror and there have been times when I cannot raise my left arm to operate it. Because the pain is not constant I am not eligible to be classified as disabled nor receive any form of state benefit, despite my income having dropped by over 50%.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Eileen,

Good to see you back again and I know that you have been thru so much this past year. I hope that the team at Addenbrookes can start putting the building blocks in place for you to get your life back in order.
    Joint pain and fatigue were my biggest enemies and I know only too well how debilitising the pain can be. Having to line up pain killers to get me thru the night is a lasting memory of my pre diagnosis days and nights. As the joints wernt swollen at all, my complaints to my GP were treated rather sceptically at first and it is very difficult to convey the amount of pain and discomfort without sounding like a real whinger!
    Good Luck Eileen and maybe see you at Adds some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Eileen--Connective tissue disease is also autoimmune, with many overlapping symptoms (including joint pain), so you are close enough to being a Weggie for us! (Sounds better than being a "Cottie" or something....) In any case, you will find us an agreeable and relatively knowledgeable, though occasionally factious, bunch. Welcome to our little club....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see you, Eileen. I hope the anti-TNF treatment works well for you! I agree that the docs don't seem to understand just how bad the joint pain is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You Sangye and Al. How are you Sangye?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hanging in there.