Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member map

I checked the WegMap and we are now up to about 95 entries.... Pretty cool....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter just viewed this map for the first time and noticed how there was a greater prevalence of people near water, that have WG, than anywhere else.
    I had to double check and even if you look at us in Australia, we are all on the East Coast (no-one central). I guess some places like the UK can't help it because they are surrounded by water anyway, but if it's not near a coastline it appears to be near a river.

Can Sangye be wrong in telling us to drink plenty of water........can all this water be what is making us sick
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Can Sangye be wrong in telling us to drink plenty of water........can all this water be what is making us sick
    Now there is an idea. Perhaps we should stop drinking water and just drink lots of booze, might take our minds off our troubles?

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Now there is an idea. Perhaps we should stop drinking water and just drink lots of booze, might take our minds off our troubles?

Jim
    There are other ways, Jim, of taking our minds off our troubles, Jim, but let's not go down that path right now, shall we...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is apparently a trend for those with Kawasaki's Disease to be in the path of the Asian tradewinds. There is an article in the Vaculitis Foundaiton Newletter that I just got today but have not read totally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sue7211 View Post
    There is apparently a trend for those with Kawasaki's Disease to be in the path of the Asian tradewinds. There is an article in the Vaculitis Foundaiton Newletter that I just got today but have not read totally.
    I think there is a lot that could be said about autoimmune diseases if a competent, statistically-oriented epidemiologist should want a dissertation project. Anyone...?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter just viewed this map for the first time and noticed how there was a greater prevalence of people near water, that have WG, than anywhere else.
    I had to double check and even if you look at us in Australia, we are all on the East Coast (no-one central). I guess some places like the UK can't help it because they are surrounded by water anyway, but if it's not near a coastline it appears to be near a river.

LOL! Nice try. The flaw with the map is that it doesn't show where people lived when they were dx'ed (or first developed symptoms). I lived in northern Arizona-- which totally blows the water theory LOL-- but now I'm in Maryland.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL! Nice try. The flaw with the map is that it doesn't show where people lived when they were dx'ed (or first developed symptoms). I lived in northern Arizona-- which totally blows the water theory LOL-- but now I'm in Maryland.
    hehe ..... no harm in trying.

My rheumy told me once that I could make myself and her a lot of money ....... if I found the reason and possibly the cure for WG.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe ..... no harm in trying.

My rheumy told me once that I could make myself and her a lot of money ....... if I found the reason and possibly the cure for WG.
    I bet you would get a Nobel prize too! Plus we would all come to your big bash to celebrate your achievement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I bet you would get a Nobel prize too! Plus we would all come to your big bash to celebrate your achievement.
    Hey, if the rheumy is paying for it, I could, come to think about it, use a nice Australian vacation...!

Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast