Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Average dose of MTX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the same,

I started on 10mg and then the next month when I saw my rheumy I went up to 15mg and held there for about three months and then went up to 20mg and have been there for a few months and will probably stay there.

My rheumy said that the max is about 50mg and therefore most like to keep their patients at the half way point of around 20 if possible, like Ron said.

I hope you take well to it
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year on CTX ! I have heard is a very powerful drug but more side effect than MTX? Did you have alot of side effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started at 10 mg, next week 15 mg, went up from there to 17.5 mg, and backed down slowly over the course of six months after having been in remission at 17.5 for close to a year. Now at 5 mg. No pred.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off CTX for two weeks now. On 20mg MTX and 5mg Pred. Been flaring in my ears a lot since stopping the CTX and yesterday had awful pain in my knees. I hope the MTX takes hold soon, I don't want to go backwards anymore!! Is it common to flare during the transition? My labs looked good last week but I'm not feeling as good as the labs looked!
    GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I transitioned to mtx I was kept on ctx. As we lowered the ctx dose we increased the mtx dose. I don't think it's typical to be off the ctx completely, especially since the mtx takes a few weeks to kick in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told when starting mtx it would take at least 4-6 weeks to notice any difference. It ended up putting me into remission pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    When I transitioned to mtx I was kept on ctx. As we lowered the ctx dose we increased the mtx dose. I don't think it's typical to be off the ctx completely, especially since the mtx takes a few weeks to kick in.
    That is exactly how I transitioned from ctx to mtx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was already on a pretty low dose of CTX before starting MTX, 25mg. I've heard of people doing it both ways. Just curious, if it takes a couple weeks to kick in, could the CTX also take a couple weeks to be out of your system?
    Either way, I'm feeling pretty good. I have a little nausea on the first day and the day after I take it, then it gets better, is that to be expected?

I thought a year of CTX was pretty standard? Especially since I had lung involvement? I know some people are lucky enough to be on it for 6 months, and the "old school" way is about 2 years, so I thought a year was pretty even ground...
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicole,
    I was on ctx @ 250mg a day for 15 months. I heard that ctx always stays in your system??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was at the Symposium a couple of years ago they said standard of care should be no longer than six months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast