Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Cough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dry Cough

My daughter has had a dry cough for the past year on and off she had a chest Xray 6 months ago and it was fine. Lately it had been better. She cought a cold and the cough came back worse. Its a very dry cough non stop for now I believe this has to do with her AI. I forgot to mention it to her ENT I was to concerned about her nose. I told her rheumy and he sent a chest cat scan. Can someone tell me if this could be related to her AI. And what exam should she have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dry cough most certainly can be AI related. I always end every cold I get with a long lasting dry cough. My doctors do not always scan to see why if that is the only symptom. If she is breathing fine and not coughing up blood I think she would not need any particular exam for now. Too many ct scans are not good for anyone.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the dry and erratic cough too...drives me crazy in public! Anyway, doc says as long as it's not full of blood or the like, it's OK...it is the WG, can see the flare spots inside. Jeez! Good luck, stay aware, be persistent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is starting MTX on Frida. Now she has this cold. Should I wait?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I would say not to wait. I take MTX and I am just getting over a 2 week long cold, with a dry cough. The sooner she gets started on the MTX the better to get/keep the GPA in control. I didn't notice any difference in taking the MTX with or without a cold. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kami can the MTX complicate her cold? You don't stop the MTX when you are sick with cold etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a persistant dry cough for some years, my doctor told me that due to WG I have a small patch of the bronchial tube has become hard, due to inflammation, and that is causing a slight irritation, hence my cough. He does not intend to do anything unless it becomes a problem.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (from what little I know) that it seems like dry cough is related to broncheal and tracheal issues. I have both and never had a single thing appear on an xray except slight thickening in the trachea. When they did a bronch it was very clear that my brocheal tube on the left side is really messed up. You will need a pulmy to get to that side of things though, ENT won't be much help unless it is tracheal issues then its a toss up I guess. I'd say a Bronch would be worth it if for no other reason than to rule those two things out.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, had my 6 week check up yesterday (things are going well, numbers good!). Anyway, told doc about dry cough, she told me to double Protonix intake or take Prilosec. As the cough is likely related to a 'silent reflux' happening. I don't know, first extra dose today, we'll see...best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    Kami can the MTX complicate her cold? You don't stop the MTX when you are sick with cold etc?
    I take MTX every Tuesday and I woke up with a cold on a Tuesday morning and I stil took my MTX that evening with supper and did fine. I don't think MTX will make things worse. Hope she feels better soon!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast