Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Granddaughter Has WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Jolanta. I did not feel the extreme hunger ( in fact I was was the opposite) for about 2 months....but then, when it hit...IT HIT! Now I am constantly struggling with my hunger and what I put in my mouth.
    I am keeping the anti inflam foods in the house so if I do reach for something it hopefully will not be junk. It is a constant battle and one I intend to win!
    Lisa Coffeelover

Doug Guest

Default anti-inflammatory foods

Yeah, I wish someone like Sangye had been around to advise me when I was at that stage. There is something to be said for the holistic approach to healing. And eating to be healed!

While I wasn't very open to that approach in the earlier stages of my illness, I realize that Western medicine used to pooh-pooh acupuncture, chiropracty, and other "nontraditional" (in the West) herbal medicines only to find they have their place, work in a different way perhaps, and people benefit from those methods of healing.

Until two days ago, the director of my local hospital wasn't an MD but a DO (doctor of osteopathy).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Feeling Much Better

Katie is feeling so much better that she has been able to go to the Ronald McDonald playroom for a while.

Ok, I got it wrong. Katie will only receive one cytoxan treatment while she is in the hospital. She will have six plasmaparesis treatments. Her kidneys are still not responding as the doctors would like but at least they are working.

Laura, my daughter, actually went home today so she could get some uninterrupted sleep. I know she is exhausted.

The hospital is only 2 hours away from their home. (My mistake! ) For me, it would be 3 hours but then I drive the speed limit. It remains to be determined what will need to be done once Katie is sent home. I hope her original doctor in Charlotte can handle the blood tests but if not, she will be taken to Winston Salem.

If you wouldn't mind, someone point me toward the healing food list. I'm sure it is posted here somewhere thanks to Sangye.

I hope you all are having a great and healthy weekend.

Cindy

Doug Guest

Talking eating to be healed

Sangye is the most knowledgeable about that. I'm the one who thinks taco pizza is "food"! Haw!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma2Katie View Post
    If you wouldn't mind, someone point me toward the healing food list. I'm sure it is posted here somewhere thanks to Sangye.
    Very happy that Katie is bouncing back so well, despite the issues with the kidneys.

Is this the post you were referring to?

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c....html#post1401

I'm almost positive Sangye also had something on the topic but I can't find it.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, any book on "Anti-inflammatory" diet is great. Andrew Weil's stuff is probably the easiest to use, since it's aimed at realistic life changes and cooking for families, etc... His website has a ton of info.

And just in case....Tell Laura not to give Katie herbs or nutritional supplements without a holistic doc involved. Even benign remedies can be quite dangerous to Weggies for a few reasons.

I might not be posting much the next few days. We've had a death at our temple, and it's impacting me a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, so sorry for your loss. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Blessings,
    Cindy

Doug Guest

...me too.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my thoughts are with you sangye.
    john