Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feels like a set back...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok but with the drugs, how am i to know when i'm getting better?
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rini, there are 3 types of indicators that our docs use to measure disease activity: 1) Signs and symptoms, 2) Lab tests (eg, inflammatory markers, creatinine, urine tests) and 3) Diagnostic tests (eg CT scans, x-rays)

The ANCA is one lab test that is just not accurate for most people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreehill View Post
    Went to see the Reaumy a week or so back.. Was complaining that I have been on Methotrexate for a year now and feel no better at all.. I was on a pred reduction plan by 1mg per month and was down to 8mg per day although starting to get side effects when I reuduced to 8mg. Nose starting to run again and getting so tired and lethargic...

I know I shouldnt moan when I go see them as they took me off methotrexate and bumped up my pred to 10mg per day.. And I was doing so well on the reduction plan too.. Did a blood test and if all is well the plan is to start me on Imruan later on in July. Now I have a fear of the unknown again!! At least while I was on Mtx I knew what to expect and it was only a once a week thing.. Not so sure about this daily tablet business of imruan or aza-blahblah whatever its called. Would love to know when this thing will settle down so I can be "normal" again whatever that is.....
    Oak, I hear you, it is tedious. I had to increase the preds and now on 6 mgs daily. so will try and go slowly again as my goal is to get off the preds. I take cellcept and look forward to getting off it. last week had pain on inhalation and was like pleurisy, so thats when increased the preds to 10 and then to 6 until see how I do. argh do hate this but just can go as fast as body allows. do feel better now but hate that its due to increase in preds. its like an addiction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12