So disappointed!!! I'm 7 weeks post rtx (if you count from the 1st infusion - 2 round course of rtx). When I began the infusions, my pred dose was at 20. I was tapering by 2.5mg, every 2 weeks since June 7. Everything was fine until about day 10 @ 15mg...... I began to develop a cough. The cough has worsened, and my voice is now affected as well. No shortness of breath to speak of. I alerted my rheumy, and told her that I didn't think continuing with the taper (to 12.5mg) was a good idea at this time. She agreed, so I've been holding at 15mg - thinking that the rtx would kick in and catch up with the program! However, today I felt worse & a bit lightheaded. Of course, it's a holiday weekend - not gonna waste my time calling the on call doc. I said I wasn't gonna do it, but I decided to boost my pred back to 17.5 for a couple of days to get some relief. I'm not in respiratory distress or anything like that, just feeling like crap! And SO disappointed. Once again..........I had a plan......could see light at the end of the tunnel.... now I'm derailed again.

Has anyone else had this type of setback post rtx? I know the peak effectiveness isn't realized until 8-10 weeks after rtx.........is that 8-10 after the FIRST infusion or the LAST infusion??