Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chest Cold Coming On

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was given azithromycin for my lungs.
    Well, it's been about 12 hrs after the first dose (5 day regimne) of azithromycin and I can tell a difference. I'm not a 100%, but breathing is much easier, but I still have some wheezing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with the Grappa. Let me get this right though. Grappa is an Italian wine correct? I am to dampen or sprinkle this on a wool cloth and lay it on my chest? What do I do with the eye of newt? Only kidding, I am going to try it today and maybe Debbie will like the wine that is left over.
    Thank you all for your help, will let you know how it works.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have replied sooner, but things got a little windy and wet up here last night. The middle of the State got the brunt of the tornados, we got some high winds and the most incredible thunderstorm I have ever seen. I lasted for almost two hours straight and the lightning was blinding. I think a member here, Stikker is out in the central part of the state, I will try to check that. Any way we did not get the Grappa and I started a low grade fever after dinner. So I took two swigs of ginger brandy waited an hour took some nyquil and went to bed. Only to get woken up by the storm. Of course I am up so I have to watch the hockey game and the storm. Any way when I woke up this morning I was covered in sweat and feeling much better. The ginger always worked for me before wg so I thought I would go for it. Still feeling much better.
    Thanks for all your ideas, Mother Nature got in the way.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay for a good sweat and feeling better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I'm going with the Grappa. Let me get this right though. Grappa is an Italian wine correct? I am to dampen or sprinkle this on a wool cloth and lay it on my chest? What do I do with the eye of newt? Only kidding, I am going to try it today and maybe Debbie will like the wine that is left over.
    Thank you all for your help, will let you know how it works.
    Dale
    Hi Dale, Grappa is an Italian spirit distilled from wine, so it's 40% alcohol. Yup, you sprinkle generously on the wool and put it on your chest with the wet side against your skin. You can reaply the grappa when it starts to feel dry. I would just pinch it under a t-shirt and I did it in the evening (when the cough would really get going) and during the night. It's quite a delicacy with the alcohol consumers in my life so it's hard to keep in the bottle as 'medicine' - ha ha. Hope you're good after last nights storms and tonight is a little more relaxing. My cold is almost completely gone now, and I'm giving credit to the Grappa (and eye of noot ), best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought some grappa, now to find a sheep.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Grappa when I was stationed in Italy. They called it getting the new guy "Grappatized". Was pretty potent stuff, but went down easier than most stuff that is 80+ proof They said it was actually the more potent alchol that was removed as part of wine fermentation...not sure if that is accurate though...military guys tend to have some urban legends about their drinks
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Just bought some grappa, now to find a sheep.
    ROTFL Good luck with that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im actually surprised you were able to get insurance with a pre-existing condition. Its so scary. Im sorry your going through this. Claritin is not for cough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12