Most often yes.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on Ctx for year and now on Mtx for 2 years, however I've also been on the pill (forever) only for hormonal reasons (heavy bleeding and extreme pain without the pill) more than for birth control use and so I've always had a period. Infact the Mtx was making me anemic so now I take 2 months of the pill and then I let myself have a period and then back to two months, etc. Nice to not always hit every month.

I thought for sure I'd hit menopause, but I guess being on the pill, my hormones are still kicking around?

Freakyschizogirl, be a good girl and get your yearly pap smear done. I hit 40 two years ago and was really happy last when my dr told me that since I've had normal ones that I only need to now do it every 2 years as I'm now considered a low risk. But, do yourself the best thing you can do for yourself which is to "open wide"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gurinbasra View Post
    Freakyschizogirl, be a good girl and get your yearly pap smear done. I hit 40 two years ago and was really happy last when my dr told me that since I've had normal ones that I only need to now do it every 2 years as I'm now considered a low risk. But, do yourself the best thing you can do for yourself which is to "open wide"!
    Oh but i like being a rebel, lol. We only get it done once every 5 years here in the UK so i suppose i should.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gurinbasra View Post
    I was on Ctx for year and now on Mtx for 2 years, however I've also been on the pill (forever) only for hormonal reasons (heavy bleeding and extreme pain without the pill) more than for birth control use and so I've always had a period. Infact the Mtx was making me anemic so now I take 2 months of the pill and then I let myself have a period and then back to two months, etc. Nice to not always hit every month.

I thought for sure I'd hit menopause, but I guess being on the pill, my hormones are still kicking around?

When I was on cytoxan I got my period like clockwork until I went off of the pill. Once I did that my periods ended that month. I have suffered in many ways due to not getting a period-your ovaries shutting down effects more than just your period. I wish a doctor had told me to stay on the pill.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Oh but i like being a rebel, lol. We only get it done once every 5 years here in the UK so i suppose i should.
    I was just going to say...if you have clean pap smears sometimes they let you go a few years between-like 3. lmao. once every 5 years??? buck up and go silly. How you gonna treat cervical cancer and wegs at the same time.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Australia we have our pap every two years and we get a nicely worded letter from the medical association if we have forgotten. In regards to the contraceptive pill, as soon as my GP found out that I could have WG she advised me to stop taking the pill because she said it could have contradictions with medications that I may be put on to. I stopped straight away and one thing it did for me was take my relatively high blood pressure down to a very normal 120/65 blood pressure. I'm not sure what she mean't by contradictions but I didn't want to take any chances and all the pills I now have to take with the pred, mtx, folate, vit D, calcium and still blood pressure tablets, I didn't mind not having another to take.

Yes for sure, you still should have a regular pap smear and I would also recommend a breast ultrasound as well. I have had three lumpectomies in the past three years with lumps that were not picked up via mammogram....thankfully all benign.

Keep smiling
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was told to stay on it. cytoxan and pregnancy are bad.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    When I was on cytoxan I got my period like clockwork until I went off of the pill. Once I did that my periods ended that month. I have suffered in many ways due to not getting a period-your ovaries shutting down effects more than just your period. I wish a doctor had told me to stay on the pill.
    what do you mean by suffered?
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can send you a private message when i have time...it is a little personal but i will say that it is my biggest regret-going off of the pill.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of you taking the pill should make sure your docs know that Wegs makes you 23 times more likely to get blood clots. Since the pill also raises your odds, it's taking a very big chance. Most docs don't know about the link between Wegs and clots. Refer them to the WeCLOT study.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast