Of all the meds I have to take, even taking into account their side-affects, it’s the taking of one Alendronic Acid pill, once a week which fills me with dread. It’s a pill which I strongly resent, an intrusion into my lifestyle, an inconvenience, despite it’s benefits to me.

Yes, I know it’s just a pill, not even a big pill, just a quick swallow and it’s all over………..but it’s not!!

· You have to drinks loads of water with it.
· It has to be eaten first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
· You have to wait 30 mins before you can pass anything else down your throat.
· You have be sitting/standing up for those 30 mins which means you can’t just wake up, take the pill and go back to sleep…… Oh no!

So. You have to wake up, get out of bed, drink loads of water, gag on the pill as it’s not coated , drink some more water and then prop yourself up for half an hour waiting and waiting for that cup of TEA!! How can man in this civilised world be expected to be able to do anything in the morning without a cup of Tea! For 30 mins the only reply to a cheerful wife’s questions is a sad ‘grunt’ – conversation is dead! And what about food!!!! Who in their right mind (or on pred) waits 30 mins before slobbering over breakfast. Breakfast mean your other meds which means life. Easy .

Whoever made/discovered this pill must really hate Englishmen! I would love to find the inventor and do something really nasty to them – tie them to a chair and make them sit and watch the whole series of ‘Dallas’ or something equally nauseating.

Of all that WG throws at me, this is the one thing which I hate. Even the Mtx injection is a joy in comparison.

Anyway rant over, Is there any meds you hate?