User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What I have learned from having Wegener's granulomatosis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned today that my daughter is VERY capable and I can enjoy things and not worry about her all the time. She can take care of 'business' by herself. Very empowering for her and for me!

(RTX infusion today without me...and she survived! How did that happen!? Its because she is amazing, and coming into her own. I am so proud!) So very much to be thankful for....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news -- And she'll continue to surprise you...... it's the "letting go" part that is the toughest.

Kind of like when I let the wife drive -- she has to pry my bloodless fingers off the steering wheel!!
    Last edited by Daggar; 04-01-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyra View Post
    I learned today that my daughter is VERY capable and I can enjoy things and not worry about her all the time. She can take care of 'business' by herself. Very empowering for her and for me!

(RTX infusion today without me...and she survived! How did that happen!? Its because she is amazing, and coming into her own. I am so proud!) So very much to be thankful for....
    Palmyra, That is so great! And her power will continue to grow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You trained her well, Palmyra. Nice work, mama.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Me too, drz. I always enjoyed life before, but now I really enjoy the times with friends and when I'm having a good time.
    I wonder if we enjoy those moments more because they don't seem to happen as often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's certainly true for me! They are few and far between so I celebrate when they come around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know....chipmunk cheeks are kinda cute on some people. It's the MOON FACE that bugs me.
    I've learned that there is someone worse off than I and try not to complain too much.
    I've mentioned this before but I try not to think of this as "my disease" because I really don't want to own it.
    I have more compassion and try to be more patient with those that may be slow .
    I've learned to slow down myself .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. That I'm not invincible. -I had no allergies, ever, and didn't even have a cold for years before I started to get sick.

2. That insurance is necessary. -See above.

3. That rheumatoidology may be a good field for me since I was searching for a passion. -I like medicine, am pre med, and looking for a change.

4. Life can be short. -Health may not mean happiness but bad health can mean misery. (Copyright for a fortune cookie)

5. Diagnosis feels good. -after 5+ months.

6. Some of the best ENTs here don't know of WG. -enough said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got one I got one....i have learned that 10 years latere I am just as confused by wg as I was then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've learned that you can turn a difficult experience into an opportunity for tremendous growth, but it takes a lot of determination, courage and self-honesty to do it.

I've learned to take care of my own emotional needs instead of expecting others to do it. It doesn't matter if someone else "gets" what I'm going through. I'm the one who needs to get it and feel compassion for myself. This is a big one for me--couldn't have done it without a lot of therapy!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast