Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst things about having Wegener's granulomatosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a small pharmacy that is local to both my home and my doctor's surgery. It is run by the owner and before him his mother was the pharmacist so it is a true family business. They give a very personal service and will always have a chat or discuss drug side effects and other related stuff. They have even delivered to my house without being asked during the bad weather and when I have been particularly unwell.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My top ten
    1. Fatigue-not being the person I used to be because of it
    2.Pred weight gain..UGHH
    3.All The Dang old lovely side effects from drugs we take
    4.Having people tell me I look great when I don't feel it at all
    5.Nasal and throat crusting
    6. Having health care providers not listen to you!!!!!!!!!
    7.Pred rage...I have keep mine under control pretty well thanks to mediation
    8.Using oxygen...even if i am slowly weaning myself off
    9. Sleep apnea due to pred
    10. Lossing partial hearing in my right ear....it sucks but gives me an excuse not to acknodwledge stupid comments...or mean ones
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this thread!

mine would have to be - Always being out of breathe and people asking do i have asthma (i just say yes) so much easier
    - Not being able to breathe through my nose. So i talk like i have a cold all the time and cant smell
    - Food not tasting like they should
    - Hearing keeps going
    - Having a very active day and feeling it for the next couple of days
    - Having that worry that my second kidney transplant could fail again
    - Beinging 5months pregnant and hoping WG will let me carry my baby boy fall term!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missc View Post
    Love this thread!

mine would have to be - Always being out of breathe and people asking do i have asthma (i just say yes) so much easier
    - Not being able to breathe through my nose. So i talk like i have a cold all the time and cant smell
    - Hearing keeps going
    - Beinging 5months pregnant and hoping WG will let me carry my baby boy fall term!!
    Will keep you in our prayers and let us know when your perfect baby boy arrives!!!!!!!
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missc View Post
    Love this thread!

- Hearing keeps going
    To add to LisaMarie's prayers, I will also keep you and your baby boy in mine too! Congratulations also!
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

missc- a number of young women on this site are worried about child-bearing with WG.

Are you on any meds? Holly's gynecologist has told us that Imuran seems to be the one immune suppressant that has little to no effect on pregnancies ... is that what you've been told?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daggar View Post
    missc- a number of young women on this site are worried about child-bearing with WG.

Are you on any meds? Holly's gynecologist has told us that Imuran seems to be the one immune suppressant that has little to no effect on pregnancies ... is that what you've been told?
    Hey Daggar, I am still taking meds. Which are Prednisolone, Tacrolimus, Bisoprolol, Co-Trimoxazole and Omeprazole. I was on Mycophenolate but got took of it before i conceived because it can affect pregnancies. I was took of it 6 months before to see how i would get on with out it and was fine, so doctors give me the go ahead to get pregnant. For many years i have had so many questions about becoming pregnant with WG and no one has been able to ask my questions so i hope this helps you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    To add to LisaMarie's prayers, I will also keep you and your baby boy in mine too! Congratulations also!
    Thank you very much

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daggar View Post
    Holly's gynecologist has told us that Imuran seems to be the one immune suppressant that has little to no effect on pregnancies
    Daggar, do you mean a drug that is taken during pregnancy? Rtx doesn't affect fertility. You shouldn't get pregnant while taking it of course.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast