User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neti pot question (really gross, sorry)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried that as well Jack but did not have much success. There are sometimes chunks that will not seem to dislodge unless I blow out a little bit. But maybe I will try your method again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blow a little bit while using my Neilmed sinus rinse, but thats because i get big crusts that are hard to dislodge with rinsing alone. I only blow gently tho. And it doesnt need a lot of encouragement to come out.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that so long as you are kind to yourself it helps the healing process. It is when you try to use force that damage can occur. Most of us know when we are pushing our luck!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused - nothing new! Does the sinus issue (crusting?) continue even if you're in remission or started on a maintenance-based treatment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets better for most people in remission. Mine got better but was still there and I have always had to irrigate every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine went from extremely bad to 90% better and is now nothing that causes me any concern.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what has worked for me is keeping humidifiers going 24/7 and a little petrolatum inside the nose at night and then I can blow easily the next am. the petrolatum is a Rx from the ENT and a tube lasts a long time as you use only a small amt. the nasal spray he recommended only dried me up too much and the neti pot didnt seem to help very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised the Neti pot didnt work for you Rose Cozzette
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not get on very well with a neti pot and needed to use a much greater volume of liquid squirted from a 50ml syringe. I think that my nose required industrial scale treatment!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the neil bottle with the solution mix twice a day...I am now getting clear stringy stuff with few clots.....it definately gets better...i had a hard enough time getting use to the bottle soo so waterpick or syringes for me thank you....hope you all have a great day
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast