Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: onatreetop5 update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lungs seem steady or I just cant tell with the kidney happenings right now. Allergies are worse. It is tree pollen time here. You can see clouds of it blowing around. I am waiting for the biospy from the surgery before I start pushing for jhu etc. If they are grans than I will call til I speak with a human there. Friday AM is the big day. Hope they have the results back. right kidney keeps reminding me its there but no one but me seems concerned. Will tell the urologist AGAIN in the am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand your frustration onatreetop. Hopefully the biopsy results are in soon. JHU sounds like a good option to me.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChrisG, it doesn't take that long to get an appt at JHU, especially since Onatreetop has been there before. It's a matter of actually picking up the phone. Ahem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phone, there's a novel concept. LOL
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get better On a Tree Top! Yes pick up the phone! JHU awaits you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. Had my2nd scope into the left kidney. They lasered and basket the kidney. I have passed so many stones it was almost like peeing sand for 3 weeks. The stent was finally removed wednesday and it wasnt where they put it. it was on its way out all by its self. No fishing for this stent. They could only remove 75% of the calium that has grown on the inside of the kidney. If they need to remove the rest then it will be by surgery. They couldnt reach the rest with the scope. Had the endscopy done also. They did dilate the esophagus and I can swallow again. Waiting for the insurance to approve a new iv therapy for RA. Dont have the name But it is only once every six monthes. Means no more methotraxate after first infusion. The FDA just approved it for RA useage. It is a cancer med. Hope to findout soon. Will let everyone no what it is and when.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds interesting onatreetop. Did they scope your kidneys by going in through the urethra and into bladder? The reason I am asking is that I am not too familiar with atatomy. That must have been painful to urinate like that. So did they say the calcium deposit that was left is anything serious to worry about? What caused the calcium deposit? I hope the insurance does approve the new drug for you.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it isnt new after all. Just new to the RA doc. Its the rtx. They said 2 times the first month then every 6 monthes? And yes they enter throw the urethra into the bladder then into the kidney. it was fine but they did do a general anast. for both surgeries. I do have to watchout for passing stones still. The pain is not as bad as it was before the first surgery. Havent got test results back from them yet.
    Did get the enduscopy back it was neg. for wegeners which is good but doesnt explain the tube narrowing. its been a week and a half since it was dilated and it seems to be back to touching again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345