Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Liver involvement anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! I had an inkling it was you, Kirk but I wasn't sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's amazing that it can be done in just 2 weeks. Someday maybe it'll only take that long to reverse Wegs, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They must have missed you off the list Sangye. The rest of us all got cured yesterday!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, you see? I was busy doing a Sleep Study ("Come on now, snore for the nice lady") while everyone else was being cured of Wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just posted on your thread.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I got cured , I'm just pretending to still be sick so I can hang out with just the bestest people. I really do like ya'll and I feel grateful to have you to talk to. I hope to get to meet in person some day. Of course Sangye will notice that we all are faking being sick.

Ha, makes me think of some of the times with doctors where they have treated me like I was faking or something. Yeah, this is what I choose to do with my time instead of the work I enjoy, hiking, reading , spending time with friends, learning new hobbies, traveling, yeah doc , I'd rather be sitting here in YOUR office faking that something is wrong with my central nervous system, yeah, thats what I like to do on the weekends.

Sangye are you really doing a sleep study? I remember you mentioning it somewhere before. Or are you talking about the kind of sleep study I am doing two days after my Cytoxan infusion?
    I would be interested in hearing about the study if it is the first type- the second type you need say no more , I'm familiar with it.

You know, science has produced miracles before. Your wish Sangye for a two week cure for WG is not at all unrealistic. And it could happen at any time. I remember doing research on WG way back when and finding out that the mortality rate for WG was something like 94% at two years without treatment.
    This was prior to the protocol worked out in about 1975. So basically, prior to that we all here would just be dead.
    As much as I have suffered (and I am talking huge here) I am still glad to be alive and grateful to those brilliant minds who all contributed to a treatment that lets us live. These days I include you, yes YOU, my internet friends who have become the unpaid members of my medical , psychological, and emotional team. Thank you. Talkin' bout Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Dr Seo reminds me at every visit how lucky I am. Not only to have treatments for Wegs at all, but that the rtx studies came out right when I needed to go on it. He said that if it had happened 5 yrs ago, I'd be out of luck, since we can't use ctx on me.

I'm so grateful for all you, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Marta, my case has been like that-- lots of paradoxical stuff, lots of rare stuff. It may be that they have to use rtx instead of ctx because of your liver.

A member once posted a link that explained how to undo a Bactrim allergy. (It was a medical process, not a holistic one.) I think it was before you joined. He said it cleared his up and he can safely take Bactrim. I don't remember who it was and have searched for the thread to no avail. Does anyone else remember?
    Since I have had a rash allergy to sulfa meds in the past I asked about this desensitization process. My rheumatologist said I had enough meds now and problems without introducing a another potential variable so he discouraged it, at least for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe down the road as you get stronger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, lets us know how the eye is and sorry regarding your liver.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast