Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey I tested postive for parvo about 17 yrs ago when I was pregnuant with my first son...how weird..neat article...gonna passs it on to my WG doc...thanks for sharing
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi Fran, I've got Eileen to thank for giving me the 'heads up' about the meeting. Its a pity you couldnt make it as there would then have been 11 Weggies!!
    Wow!!!!! 10 Weggies in one spot. That sounds amazing. Talk about a rare sighting.

I've been on the cytox for just under a week now and symptoms seem to be getting slightly better, so I'm thinking this is a good trend. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and support. I can't describe in words how it makes me feel - but it's very very good.

I also live rural, however mine is quite on the opposite side of the spectrum from what you describe. I live in a National Park environmentally protected by the government. No pesticides, no chemicals, no livestock (other than indigenous animals) as clean and pristine as you can get. I do work in a building which is a National Historic Site which just underwent a multimillion dollar revamp (to bring it to it's old splendour and ensure that it survives for generations to come). So I was thinking about the number of people who are sick working in that building. There are about two dozen people working in the building throughout the year altogether, however in my office and the one adjoining there have been 8 people working at those three desks over the last 3-4 years. Four out of the eight are currently sick with bizzare things and organ involvement. 50%!

I've also been very vigilant about chemicals in the house the last half a dozen years. I've been cleaning with microfibre cloths water and 100% organic orange oil concentrate. So things have been pretty pure around the home front.

Like I said, interesting. The porvovirus thing too, I remember getting completely knocked off my feet (literally) at the end of last summer when Hana was sick with it. Then I got my first symptoms from Wegs this last January.

Some sleuthing to be done once I get this flare under wraps. I like a challenge.

Speaking of Hana and getting sick with kid diseases. I had to keep her out of nursery school today because she's healthy. How's that for irony? Parents are bringing their hacky, snotty kids in, and I have to keep my healthy kid away to avoid her bringing any of that stuff home. Yeah, cyclophosphamide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you feeling better Marta! Your smart to keep your daughter home. That is weird about the people who worked in the same area....wonder if there is something in duct system...who knows. Maybe bad dry wall that they put up, or carpet???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cleaning habits have not changed at all really. But the orange oil stuff that Marta uses sounds interesting. I use the Clorox wipes to clean the bathroom and some other stuff and sometimes use the wet Swiffer mops. I use the Lysol brand toilet bown cleaner as well. I sometimes use bleach to clean some stuff too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I use the same things. I probably need to use something less toxic but kills germs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you know bleach is very hard on the lungs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I found out a while back that bleach is hard on the lungs. I no longer use it. I have heard that vinegar and water makes a good cleaner for almost anything. I know I use it for cleaning glass like windows and mirrors, and it works good. My parents are into using the brand name cleaners though. I will never be able to convince them to switch. Are there any other natural cleaners that you guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the microfibre cloths Phil. They really really rock. All you need is water and they clean windows and everything better than anything without any chemical whatsoever. There are new ones out there a little more costly but they have silver in them and it keeps them from getting stinky if you let them stay wet too long. They are amazing. The orange cleaner I use is TKO - you can buy it anywhere, Home Hardware, I think even WallyMart has it. It's expensive, but it lasts a loooong time. It needs to emulsify in water before you can use it so I just put a little (2 or 3 capfulls) in a spray bottle with water and voila, organic, very nice smelling cleaner for a long long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know about the microfibre cloths, Marta-- thanks! (I actually just typed microfiber clots. I don't think I could clean my house with clots, even if they are natural. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I use some natural products from health food stores. Since they look similar to chemical ones, maybe your parents would be willing to try one or two. Start with something you use everyday, like a kitchen counter cleaner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast