Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Symptoms

Aloha everyone,
    I am new to the forum as well as the world of WG. I've been ill since Dec 08 and after many different diagnosis and not improving, I was sent to the Mayo Clinic in April of this year with all biopsies and slides and discovered that I had WG all along. So far, WG has effected skin and sinus and no major organs.

I have been on Prednisone since March 2009 starting at 60 mg per day and now around 14-25mg per day. If I go below 14mg/day, I get bad flare ups.

After coming back from the Mayo clinic, they put me on Methotrexate. Started with pills but stomach pain was too hard to handle that I am getting the injection. Apparently I have reached my maximum dosage at 80 units per week; Believe that is .8 ml.

My symptoms are as follows which I don't know if these are from medicine or WG and was hoping to get some guidance or verification that I am not crazy.

- Swelling in general
    - Water retention
    - headaches
    - Body aches

The following are very disturbing...
    - Low grade fever to fever daily
    - Eye pain which is most bothersome where it's not often that I can keep my eyes open for a longer than 2 hours
    - Swollen eyes
    - I am so tired all the time!

Any guidance on if its WG and/or Med or just me (?) would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by manalolana; 11-03-2010 at 05:40 PM.