For those of you that are now using Rituximab for a medically induced remission, I pose this question to the group. Have you had specific instructions as per use? How often, and on what grounds/intervals are you advised to take the stuff?

This means dosing, frequency and how long do you use this great new medication....Is there an end-point? I would love to hear global guidelines and schedules that have been suggested and compare notes. I know it is new, and there is not a lot of data regarding these questions, but lets boot it around and see what we come up with in the English speaking world.

Can it be safely administered when one is dealing with infection, (specifically, a fungal infection of the sinus cavity, or an infection of any kind). Rather like taking cytoxin when one is flaring in the face of a secondary infection only now the new med of choice is Rituxin....it dosn't deplete the entire immune system, only a major hunk of it. )

Best wishes, and open to all suggestions,

Palmyra, mom to Alison, currently on 20 mgs of pred and dealing with chronic sinusitis and not on a consistent Rituxin schedule. The sinuses have been a problem this year, in Austin, TX...dealing with living with two cats....the daughter will not remit the cats at this point. Local ENT is threatening surgery on the septum...I will not allow, fearing saddle-nose as a result.
Help!