Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the ladies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for the ladies

I just wondered how long (if ever) it took for your periods to return once you finished cyclo treatment?- if you had IV cyclo, I don't know how it works with the tablets? (I don't even know how long you take these for?).

I was told about 2 months after the cyclo and the injections to stop ovulation that I had...and if they haven't returned by then then maybe they never will as the treatment may have brought on early menopause.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the Oral Cytoxan at 150mg a day... my doc told me my periods would most likely stop during treatment (at least 6 months). Also said that they may never return and I could be sterile afterwards... but since my only child is almost 24 and I'm not planning on anymore (ready for grandbabies ) it really isn't an issue for me. I've been on the oral Cyt for about 7 weeks now, and had 1 period right after starting the chemo, but nothing since...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was 14, I had regular periods, but on Cytoxan for 3 months, my periods didn't come back for another 8 months therafter.

During my latest cyclo, I was giving 'ovarian protection' injections in order to induce temporary menopause, thus protecting my future fertility. It did work, as my 13 month old daughter will now testify.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh what!!! you can get them back?, NOOOOoooooooo, i have got very used to life with out them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- mine disappeared during my third month on ctx. Interestingly, last year hormone tests showed I was not in menopause. I haven't repeated them. They're not always accurate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the depo provera contraceptive injection before I was diagnosed, and am still on it now.
    I haven't had a period for nearly 10 years now (absolute heaven!) but because of this I have no idea if I'm still fertile. I'm hoping that because my reproductive system has been dormant for so long it may have avoided any damage. I won't know until I come off of the injections and start having periods again, then I can have a fertility test. I'm only 27 and do want children, unfortunately we couldn't freeze any eggs because the injection stopped me producing them and there was no way I could delay the cyclo until I got a period if I stopped the injection then.
    So it was decided the best way was to keep up with contraception and just hope for the best.

On a side note and as hopefully only the ladies are reading this thread, does anyone know what could cause sore, tender nipples (no way I can be pregnant, as per the above!)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    On a side note and as hopefully only the ladies are reading this thread,
    whistle1.gif

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- I wondered what you were going to say, Jack.

Luce, you should ask your gynecologist. There are several things that could be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that's embarrassing Jack!
    I honestly thought the men would run a mile from this thread...

Thanks Sangye, I'm hoping it's nothing more than hormones but I'll get it checked out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see a man in touch with his femine side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast