Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: About empathy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sensorineural hearing loss. I am totally deaf in my left ear and have 60% loss in my right ear. I have had hearing aids for a little over 5 years now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind did u get....do they fit outside or are they implants?
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie,

I got behind the ear style. My left one is a microphone that transmits to the right one so I can hear stuff from both sides. One is Phonak and the other is Widex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and WG caused it?...right...o am just amazes that sincejuly when i notice i was loosing it i was on treatment to put me on rwmission and it still happened anyway...ighh
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LisaMarie, I too am one of the unlucky ones and my hearing does not improve with my overall getting better. I still have as much tinitus and alwasy and hearing loss in both although slightly better than at the beginning.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me three (or four or five or six....) my hearing is totally in and out. I am just having a discussion with my hubby about my hearing. He keeps telling me that it's fine, and I keep telling him that it's so NOT fine. I hear him talking but can't hear the words, so I have to make up what is being said based on context and the situation at the moment. I'm not at hearing aid stage, but nowhere near where I was before my friend Wegener came along to play. My hearing is better some days than others, but some days it's quite bad and on those days I also get tinitus with it. I just keep hoping that one day it'll surprise me and go away. How's that for ignorance is bliss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta that sounds like fluid in the middle ear to me. When you swallow do you get a popping or gurgling feeling of some sort in the ear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, have you had a hearing test? Very important to get one to monitor it.

My ear docs said tinnitus is usually permanent, regardless of the cause. It can wax and wane, but it doesn't completely resolve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats true, I get once in a while tinnitus in my right ear, fortunately I think it is only what they call transference from the bad tinnitus in the left ear. I hear you Marta (no pun intended) it is the same with me, and worse when I am in a restaurant or other noisy place. Then I can't hear at all. Surprisingly, when tests were done my hearing was not that bad, only 35% loss. I too think you should get a hearing test. You need to see where you are at and to have a base line. These tests should be free.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get my hearing test yearly. When I had very active Wegeners I was almost completely deaf, my hearing is so much better now.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast