Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My mom in surgery today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is difficult not being able to be there with our parents when everything in us desires to help them.

You brought a smile to me when you mentioned maybe being the favorite. My husband and I are always teasing our 3 adult children about being the favored one, which is whichever one we are talking to at the moment. If we are all together, it goes back and forth, as if one of them cannot hear us. Lots of love between us and it sounds as if you have experienced that also.

I have no doubt that you parents will be well taken care of. You take care of you and that will bless them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Lisa they will teach her how to go up and down steps with a walker, at least they did me. That was before I even left the hospital. With any luck she will only need the walker for 4-5 weeks and can graduate to a cane.

Phil I hope the chiro is able to help your mom feel better. Nothing worse than back pain.

Actually, she has no back pain. The intense pain is in her thighs, I think the hamstrings. I would guess it would be the sciatic nerve that is affected.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa and Phil, I hope that your mothers will get well soon. it must be tough for both of you to endure it
    your mothers are blessed to have you, caring and understanding and supporting. my prayers are with you and with them. please update us how are they so far.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom goes to see the chiro for the first time tomorrow morning. I will try to go with her if I am up and ready by then. I talked to my chiro, the one my mom will see, and he said spondylolisthesis is actually quite common and he has quite a few patients with it and is very treatable.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My mom goes to see the chiro for the first time tomorrow morning. I will try to go with her if I am up and ready by then. I talked to my chiro, the one my mom will see, and he said spondylolisthesis is actually quite common and he has quite a few patients with it and is very treatable.
    good news good luck to your mother tomorow. she is blessed to have you by her side
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, that's great news.

Here's a very quick update on my mom because my boy is waiting for breakfast. My mom has been moved to rehab where she will likely spend a few weeks getting her strength back and learning to get around again. She sounds upbeat and has begun 'holding court'--lots of friends and family going to visit her now. She's not enjoying the food, so that will be one of my priorities when I visit.

My younger sister just got back and she was exhausted from helping everyone... Immobile sister in one house (recovering from foot surgery), dad who's stressed out and lonely and not very effective at the moment in another, mom in rehab and SIL who can't lift her toddler in another house, as she's waiting for news on the success of her recent 'fertility' procedure... So another priority will be getting everyone separate help! Why they don't think to hire someone to come in for a couple of hours and Do what they can't is beyond me. My big sis is a superhero, so it wouldn't really occur to her to hire anyone ever (I describe her as having her own gravitational pull; she also becomes president or director of every organization with which she crosses paths... And she's now back at work part-time even though she can't walk, drive, or get to the bathroom without help.) Nevertheless, I will MAKE her have someone come to the house when her hubby's not there as I am not equipped to run between three or four places every day taking care of everyone in each place.) my family knows my limitations and won't expect the same from me. I will also have my six-year-old there needing entertaining, which will be the perfect distraction and therapy for his Poppa (my dad). I hope to start the conversation with my parents about looking into assisted living down the road... It won't be an easy one. That's the scoop! Not quite as brief as I'd planned, as usual.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, Lisa, too much to handle at once.... take care and becareful not to overdo.
    sending lots of hugs
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad both your moms, Lisa and Phil, are making progress, and I wish them the best.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom went to see the chiro last week. He said she does not have spondylolisthesis. So she went to see her family doc and she has a CT booked for this Thursday. No idea what it could be.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil I couldn't decide whether to 'like' or not. Is it good news that she doesn't have it? Or maybe not, if it turns out to be something more difficult? I hope it's not and is something that can be remedied quickly. Alysia, I'm not there yet but my family gets that I can't overdo it. It's also not as crazy/stressful as when she first fell and was waiting for and then in surgery. Things should be a bit calmer there now. And I really do plan to find them all help and delegate because I know I can't even try to do it all myself. Thanks for your support.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast