Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter and Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally joined facebook. My whole family and including aunt and uncle were on it! So I was the last person in our whole entire family to join!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I finally joined facebook. My whole family and including aunt and uncle were on it! So I was the last person in our whole entire family to join!
    I joined because a lot of my friends at work did. I don't go on very much and I find it tiring to respond to all the farmville or please send me a tree requests from the virtual farms people have. I just quit responding to those requests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can make those posts invisible, but still see if a friend really has something to say. Hover your mouse on the upper right hand corner of the offending (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) post and you will get a 'remove' or 'ignore' icon. Click that...

I joined FB to stay in touch with out-of-state family (sooo much better than long distace bills) but have never Twittered... Tweeted... whatever

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I joined because a lot of my friends at work did. I don't go on very much and I find it tiring to respond to all the farmville or please send me a tree requests from the virtual farms people have. I just quit responding to those requests.
    Me too, Lightwarrior! Me, too! I'm not as comfortan=ble with these two as I am the forum because it seems the conversations are too - I'm at a loss here...- disjointed. There might be three or more people conversing about three things with one person on their Wall. The Farmville join requests and all that clutter leave me cold, too. You can spend an awful lot of time clicking on the "ignore" option on these requests. I probably won't look for this forum on those site, though I do feel Andrew is right that they have the potential to bring in more people since they are very popular places for people to go. (Just don't look for me even though I have Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook accounts, the result of family and friends trying to get me to use my time up on those sites. I barely keep up with this one and DailyBooth. I have a blog I should be posting on today. I may have some July posts, but I think maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you misskay I will do that next time I'm on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My children don't think it would be very cool for their dad to appear on Facebook.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughters tell me I have signed up for Facebook and Twitter but I have no clear idea of how they are supposed to be used! Any enlightenment greatly appreciated. My daughters tend to spend inordinate amounts of time on both but will never reveal exactly what they are up to! (I know they are not reaching the sort of contacts they shouldn't but that is about all!). It is busy enough, for me, keeping up with this forum without watching other websites too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Twitter. I've never been on Facebook and probably won't-- just too much time on computer stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never twittered before, is it short and easy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined Facebook a while ago but have never been on Twitter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast