Thread: Stress and depressed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stress and depressed

Hi all,
    Living with W.G. is a challenge in itself but I have found that stress and depression which usually falls hand in hand does not help the situation any.
    Right now I am so worried for my brother. I was diagnosed with W.G. in Aug. 2007, my brother who is three years older than I was diagnosed with multiple mylenoma in Oct of the same year. In May of 08 he was diagnosed with Guillian Berret syndrome. Most people it would take six months or more to get back on your feet and he did it in three.We were so proud of him and so hopeful because he seemed to be in remission from the cancer.About three weeks ago he had to be admitted back to the hospital because his blood work was showing him low on platelets. It turns out now they are saying he has plasma cell leukemia. The prognosis isn't good.
    I cry most of the time. He is being so strong about it all. Sometimes I feel guilty because I think that if we are the two out of 12 children that my mom had with blood disease; why didn't God give me a little more and him less? I know we shouldn't ask why. I just don't understand.
    The Dr's say he might make it till Thanksgiving. He's hoping for Christmas.
    I told him miracles happen everyday.Although I see him going downhill, I try to keep his spirit up but it isn't easy.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the pain?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Too little, too late

Thanks alot everyone!
    I don't need your help now. My brother passed away Nov.16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh wow. Terri I'm so very sorry. I don't know how I could have missed this.

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your brother. I can't imagine how that feels. I wish that I had an answer to the 'why'. I've asked the same question many times. I was told once that God has plans for all of us. Sometimes those plans mean that our loved one has to be closer to God. It's not much but it's what I remember.

Sorry again for missing your post but especially for the loss.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.